- - - - -

Take a deep breath...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Again, not being cynical, just realistic, but What have you seen in this team that has given you any degree of hope that they will get better. Blind Optimism doesnt work.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

I believe we all thought once we got Cam, it would be 3 years before the team was relevant. Now, we just need to patiently wait thru this year. I do want to see more progression than regression though.

@ the beginning of last year most of us accepted the notion that Cam was somewhat of a developmental project, he surprised us all and now we think he sucks because he isn't in the running for league MVP.

#13 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Damn you, Ryan Kalil and your ad!!!

#14 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Again, not being cynical, just realistic, but What have you seen in this team that has given you any degree of hope that they will get better. Blind Optimism doesnt work.

I think it's more realistic to realize that it's too early in this process to draw any conclusions.

Was it realistic to assume that a 6-10 team in a tough division with a 2nd year QB could suddenly transform into a SB contender?

#15 PantherFan4Ever

PantherFan4Ever

SUPPORTER

NEWS FLASH: We're not going to win the SB this year, welcome back to reality!

Don't think anyone expected a great team this year. What we did expect was a team that would be, at the very least, better than the team fielded last season. This team is not better and hasn't shown us any signs of getting better. Very disappointing considering all of the talent on the roster.

#16 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• LocationSouth Charlotte
HUDDLER

http://www.scotthyou...08/25/cynicism/

I disagree. I am very pessemistic when it coems to this team, and I pray for the day I am wrong. I can only hope for the day people can call me wrong.

Pessmestic people of the panthers are humiliated every Sunday by being right. No need to point them out.

Also, optimisim is only harder for certain teams...for good reason.

I am sorry but I keep hearing this 4 year building project and its BS IMO. Why do other teams need less time and how do you rebuild with a full cap? When you give out contracts and lock up players like stewy, beason and dwill and then get a franchise qb, how is that a project? I don't think we are a project at all...

also when we were 2-14 everyone was saying we were not a 2-14 team, maybe I am the only one that still believed that, contributing to my pessemestic outlook

#17 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

I took a deep breath and released a fart, what does that mean?

Your head is up your ass?

#18 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Damn you, Ryan Kalil and your ad!!!

I don't have any problem with what Ryan Kalil did, I would hope this is the team's goal each year no matter how realistic it is.

#19 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Don't think anyone expected a great team this year. What we did expect was a team that would be, at the very least, better than the team fielded last season. This team is not better and hasn't shown us any signs of getting better. Very disappointing considering all of the talent on the roster.

Should we wait until we've lost at least 10 games before we draw this conclusion?

#20 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

They had arguably the best team in the league up against the ropes until the last seconds of the game.

The defense was able to hold the leading rusher in the league at the time to 85 yards

Our rookie first round draft pick is showing he can be an effective MLB

We found a great prospect in Frank Alexander

We still have Cam Newton who is a dynamic player when he's on top of his game.

Our rookie LG is improving

Thomas Davis has stayed healthy

It's bad, but it's not the end of the world. They will not be a contender this year, it does not mean they can't improve over the course of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users