Photo
- - - - -

Afterlife?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#25 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Or it's cultural influence. Like I said on the first page of this thread, the visions of heaven described in western culture are always what's shown in movies and other cultural things from the area. Here's a source that describes near death experiences from Hindus, and they are, no surprise, absolutely different than American ones.

http://near-death.com/hindu.html

Ok i'm gonna try to give you the nutshell version of my opinion on the matter without too many open ends, haha. I do agree with your mention of cultural influence...and would go as far as to say that it goes to show how much programming has been done on the human psyche. In my view, when you die, you then enter another realm of higher conscious existance...which doesnt necessarily mean its going to be the same for everyone. As we know, every person on earth creates their realities for themselves every waking moment of their lives...the law of attraction is very prevalent when getting into all this. Depending on your resonance within - including the vibration and contents of your thoughts, projections, and intentions - then becomes your reality on the perceptional exterior. Anyways, this same concept goes for the higher realms of conscious existance...however amplified to the millionth degree. Our core foundation of conscious being is centered around creation, and creating...it is the nature of our true essence in my opinion. So with that being said, its not a big deal that different people experienced different things during their NDE's. The reason anyone experiences what they do is the result of what they are consciously creating for themselves from within, for whatever reason. Nightmarish scenarios are generated due to the overall fearful/negative state of mind, thus the creation and experiencing of that perceptional reality...it is a reflection from within. This same concept is the reasoning for bad trips on psychedelic drugs.

#26 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yeah, could be that. Or you just die. Occam's razor.

#27 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, could be that. Or you just die. Occam's razor.

The body dies in a way, yes...but the body is no more than a vessel for experiencing this reality...its not who we really are, in my opinion. It is known that energy can never be destroyed and can only be converted from one form to another. When you consider that everything is made up of energy vibrating at different frequencies, and that human beings have a vastly limited sensorial perception of all the energy around us, then suggests that there is infinitely more going on that we are not privy to experiencing. When you take into account these other dimensional frequencies, and the fact that energy can never be detroyed, in my opinion is further evidence that when consciousness leaves the body - whether it be through death, NDE's, OBE's or astral projection - it is then "transferred" to these higher frequencies of perceptional reality, which exist all around this current one...and where you want to take it at that point is up to you.

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Your body (and consciousness) only have energy because you eat food and absorb energy from it. When you stop doing that (death), your body stops converting food to energy and thus stops having energy. It's not like there is a big ball of energy and when you die the energy is like "Well, energy, where should we go? I know, cloud city!" Energy not being destroyed doesn't come into play, because it's not being destroyed, it's just staying in the plants and animals instead of you eating it.

#29 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

I question if there is an afterlife, at times it scares me.

#30 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Your body (and consciousness) only have energy because you eat food and absorb energy from it. When you stop doing that (death), your body stops converting food to energy and thus stops having energy. It's not like there is a big ball of energy and when you die the energy is like "Well, energy, where should we go? I know, cloud city!" Energy not being destroyed doesn't come into play, because it's not being destroyed, it's just staying in the plants and animals instead of you eating it.

I would have to disagree with that. The first half of your opening statement was correct, however in my opinion consciousness is self-sustaining...it does not need an outside energy source to survive. If you fail to eat, yes, the body will "die" in a sense...however you (consciousness) will not. Dreaming and OBE's are parallels you can draw as further evidence of this concept, displaying conscious existance/experience when the body is in "shut-down" mode. Also, this "energy ball" as you put it, is not a seperate entity that you can direct and tag along with to "cloud city" as you described...you are the "energy ball;" we all are. As I stated in a previous post, everything is energy - including consciousness - which is the energy source that gives our bodies life, and is each one of us in our purest form of being. So again, being that energy can never be destroyed, and we (consciousness) are energy, would then mean that there is no definitive "end"...there is only an "end" to this frequency of conscious existance...unless you choose to come back of course, haha.

#31 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I question if there is an afterlife, at times it scares me.

There is no more reason to fear death than there is to fear life. It is all part of a cycle.

Prior to your brain being formed, you did not fear anything.

Sometime in the future, your brain will fail and you will fear nothing once again.

It is pointless to fear the inevitable. If you are reading this, you will die. Enjoy life while you can.

#32 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

start @1:00

"We think "uh oh this is it", this is the end, so at death we withdraw..."no not that yet...please" but actually the whole problem is that there really is no other problem than to go over the waterfall when it comes"

#33 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

http://www.telegraph...in-surgeon.html

Doc says yes

It is a contradiction in terms and ideas to call anything a revelation that comes to us at second hand, either verbally or in writing. Revelation is necessarily limited to the first communication. After this, it is only an account of something which that person says was a revelation made to him; and though he may find himself obliged to believe it, it cannot be incumbent on me to believe it in the same manner, for it was not a revelation made to me, and I have only his word for it that it was made to him.
– Thomas Paine

#34 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think that our soul is the accumulation of our human experience.

The human brain is the most complex structure that has ever been studied, and yet it still only functions when something (our soul) powers our 3 dimensional experience by sending electrical charges between the synapses and neurons within our nervous system.

These electrical signals work strangely enough like the memory in a computer, and IMO our collective network of braincells even act like the communications of people all over the world that are connected through the internet working together to create a huge database of collective knowledge to be accessed when needed when our 'soul' or consciousness needs to recollect a certain memory, it sends a small electrical signal to that region of the brain..

Anyway, our human body is the 3D reality that we experience here on Earth. Our brain is the computer that rules over our experiences in this world, and our soul (our deepest consciousness, the feeling of 'self) is the electrical charge that controls it all.

Our soul is eternal, and our body is just the receptical of our current experience. After our body dies, the soul is free of the physical laws and constraints that limit our 3-D reality, and we experience the bliss of "Heaven", or possibly have the opportunity to be reborn back into the physical realm again if we choose.

And yes, I am smokin that good poo this morning...lol.