54 replies to this topic

#1 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

I hope they don't thats my personal opinion because when hes 100% the guy lives up to his name as a BEAST but after seeing what we saw out of keek do you think the subject is worth exploring.

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

if a team inquires, yes. as soon as we shop him, his value drops significantly until he proves he is pro bowl caliber again.

#3 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Huddle This time last year: Man! If Beason didn't get hurt this year! Our D is going to be sick next season! Playoffs baby!!!

Huddle Now: Man Beason sucks trade him! Our team is awful. In selling my "Growl Towel".

#4 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hell mother fuggin NO!!! Man... This place is outta fuggin control!!!!

#5 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,851 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Mr. Touchdown last year: Makes Snide remark that makes him feel superior.

Mr. Touchdown this year: Makes Snide remark that makes him feel superior and increases his E-penis.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

i don't want to, but it all depends on what the offer is.

it would have to be reeeeeaaalllly good. i'm talking unrealistically bend a team over a barrel after we slipped them a roofie type offer from them.

#7 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,775 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

His performance this season would probably get us a 7th rounder. Best to keep him in hopes of a comeback.

#8 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Huddle This time last year: Man! If Beason didn't get hurt this year! Our D is going to be sick next season! Playoffs baby!!!

Huddle Now: Man Beason sucks trade him! Our team is awful. In selling my "Growl Towel".

You just wait until Norman gets an interception, this place will be ready to throw 60 mil at him and cut Gamble.

#9 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

The league doesn't even know who Beason is. I love Beason, but we overrate him pretty hard around here.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,709 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

yes, and not because it's a knee-jerk reaction, but because you have to remove your heart from business decisions.

i'm willing to bet that rivera and his staff came into this season with the idea that, with the defense as a two-to-three-year rebuilding project, beason would be assumed a casualty of his injury (and a useful surprise if he recovered.) keuchly was the result. beason now, as much as i hate to say it, is wholly expendable.

trading him this year would be idiotic unless some desperate team ponied up. let him ease back this year and come on strong at the end of the year, and after he racks up tackles and looks like a monster you start listening to offers over the offseason. if we could come away with a first or second rounder for him and spend it (and other our first-rounder) on DL/secondary this team would be instantly improved going into 2013.

#11 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

At this point, the team should consider or at least listen any trade that is brought to the table. I think a healthy Beason is only good for the team so I don't prefer to trade him, we have a good LBr core don't see much use in breaking that up. I couldn't see anyone making an offer for Beason though. And like I previously said, as soon as you start shopping him, his value goes way down.

#12 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'd agree if I thought we'd get decent value for him or even trade him at all. Who is the last great starter that we've traded at (near the end?) of their prime for great value?

#13 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Huddle last year: OMG OMG CHUD IS INTERVIEWING FOR HEAD COACH. NOOOOO
Huddle this year: FIRE CHUD. DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT!!!

#14 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Beason for a quality young corner? Id sleep on it but right now Id say yes because of Kuechly the Freakly

#15 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

There would be no point, the most you would get out of the highest paid ILB coming off an Achilles injury would be a 6th, might as well wait it out and see if he can return to some form of normalcy next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com