Photo
- - - - -

Fundamental Question: How is Christianity not polytheism?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#121 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:59 AM

There are so many contradictions in the bible and even among religious denominations yet you guys are so sure of everything, so don't blame me if I'm not taking you seriously at all, from personal experiences regarding people and they themselves going back on their "faith", and the whole "god's will" idea to hypocrisy among the church in order to gain funds or donations that I don't feel like going into right now because I think it's worthless to argue with followers who don't even realize the faults they promote so much, and it's something I'd rather not interfere with because I don't appreciate people knocking on my door at 9AM ready to give me copies of the Watchtower.

Sad that you have never had the opportunity to meet a Christian who won't berate you or ask you for money. After spending a little time talking to you I could probably pick up that faith or religion is not an aspect of you, and if we talked about it or not then so be it. Believe me their are those out there, like me, that would be your friend, they would respect you and genuienly enjoy your company and not hang religion over your head at every chance regardless of my own personal convictions.

#122 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:08 AM

Inside of religion, no. It does not work.

Horse poo. Provided you keep your wits about you, stay educated, and are able to keep a valid sense of abstract rationality, then logic works perfectly fine in religion.

Logic doesn't work very well with a majority of people, though, and a majority of people have religion. I can see where that is easy to confuse.

#123 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:32 AM

Sad that you have never had the opportunity to meet a Christian who won't berate you or ask you for money. After spending a little time talking to you I could probably pick up that faith or religion is not an aspect of you, and if we talked about it or not then so be it. Believe me their are those out there, like me, that would be your friend, they would respect you and genuienly enjoy your company and not hang religion over your head at every chance regardless of my own personal convictions.

I am finding an abundance of people, self appointed to pick fights with religious people, Christians preferred. For whatever reason they think themselves more educated. Perhaps some has been hippy, philosophy, science or biology teacher was their hero and convinced them that a belief of faith is just another superstition.

I am finding these people to be much more obnoxious than any "Bible thumping Jesus freak" I have ever met. God bless them. I will pray for the salvation of their immortal souls now.

#124 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:28 AM

"some has been hippy, philosophy, science or biology teacher was their hero"

lol... What do you think Jesus was?

Pot meet kettle...

At least the people you are casting stones at probably actually met the person that influenced them one way or the other...

Jesus' existence, however, is still HIGHLY debatable...

#125 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

Pot meet kettle...

At least the people you are casting stones at probably actually met the person that influenced them one way or the other...

Yes and if your has been hippy...hero (whatever), had told your otherwise, you would be arguing, otherwise.

#126 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

You got nothing to worry about. All a puppet show. Why expend your energy on such inept thinking since it isn't true.

because I was raised thinking it was true and I believed it for a LONG time.

#127 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:54 AM

Horse poo. Provided you keep your wits about you, stay educated, and are able to keep a valid sense of abstract rationality, then logic works perfectly fine in religion.

Logic doesn't work very well with a majority of people, though, and a majority of people have religion. I can see where that is easy to confuse.

How long do you think it would take me to get you to say "its a matter of faith" when faith itself is complete lack of reason.

#128 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:54 AM

it's the word of a perfect God, so no. They are contradictions to you cause you obviously don't know God. It explains that too. Since we only take what we want from it in order to prove points what do you expect? Skeptics can find flaws in anything.

I was a christian for 21 years and saw the contradictions and overlooked them for the most part. i never realized how vast they were until i started looking for truth about God.

#129 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:57 AM

How long do you think it would take me to get you to say "its a matter of faith" when faith itself is complete lack of reason.

:D

within no time.

#130 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:58 AM

Pot meet kettle...

You've met Samuel L. "that's a tasty hamburger" Jacson...

#131 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,986 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

I was a christian for 21 years and saw the contradictions and overlooked them for the most part. i never realized how vast they were until i started looking for truth about God.

And that is a much better path to be on.
I know you know this but the church(whichever one you may go to) is full of sinful, messed up, prone to blow it people. Humans.
Those same people run companies and are doctors and lawyers. The US is full of contradictions and paradoxes.
As long as there is a human race, there will be mistake after mistake. :thumbsup:

#132 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

another argument based upon human logic with a example of Godless religion.

upon what, other than human logic, do you base your acceptance of the bible and the teachings of jesus christ?

"faith" is a cop-out, because faith takes an initiative to have it.

#133 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Not before I could get you to say "it's a matter of fact"

But hey, try:thumbsup:

I'm game.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com