Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We are fortunate to have Cam at QB

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Regarding Cam vs Luck: it's far too early in either career to know who will be better. They BOTH have every single chance to be a superstar but we're not really gonna know yet. I've also made known before my dislike for comparing players on different teams with different systems one on one. The grass is greener and all that bullshit, I know, but we're not suffering through David Carr over here - we have a potentially long-time game breaking QB here. Don't be so fickle.

About Cam himself? Yes we are lucky to have a player on our team with the ceiling / physical gifts he has at that position. He's having a down start to the year and he does have a lot of things to fix but we could be much worse off than we are. As fans it's our job to complain, what else are we going to do really, but don't lose sight of how much worse it could be.

Posted

I do believe that Cam has all the physical skills to be a very good NFL quarterback. Whether we are fortunate to have him depends on how much he improves as he gains experience over the next few years. If he really begins to click over the next couple of years, he is going to be very good. If he is still throwing 1 hoppers to a receiver that is 10 yards away, we are going to be hurting.

Just to be clear, I do think he will improve in that area. :)

Posted

Honestly with all the offense last year defense has made a surprising comeback this year. I'm enjoying it TBH.

Posted

Honestly with all the offense last year defense has made a surprising comeback this year. I'm enjoying it TBH.

The tide has definitely shifted in 2012.

Posted

Cam still has a ways to go, but you have to take him over the crap we've had in the years prior to his arrival here.

There is no way this team could survive another Clausen game.

Posted

This assclown again?

Please never speak of Cam, you're the definition of fairweather.

Oh and change your name for Christ sakes.

Ok Tommy Truefan.

Bc so many 'fairweather' would be hanging around a soon to be 1-5 team.

What an asshat comment. Get a clue

Posted

Ok Tommy Truefan.

Bc so many 'fairweather' would be hanging around a soon to be 1-5 team.

What an asshat comment. Get a clue

So nothing to say about all your frequent jekyll and hyde rants?

Don't get butt hurt when you get called out for it. Be a fan or don't.

Posted

I agree we are fortunate to have Cam as our QB. But when he messes up he needs to be held accountable just like the rest of the team and coaches.

Posted

Lol

Posted

I watched a TON of the rest of the league today. It gave some real perspective. I look around the league, and it's hard to name a QB without lapses in play.

People need to realize that we're so fortunate to have Newton and have a glass of STFU next time he has a poor game like last week against Seattle. I've seen Matt Stafford, Matty "ICE" Ryan, and numerous other "Star" QB have the same game today.

Thus is life in the NFL.

I actually almost pissed my self laughing so hard after reading this.

The dif is all of those "star" Qb's you mentioned and Cam is a word called Playoffs. Until Cam can lead the Panthers there and get a lil consistency to his game I'm not sold. At the end of the day that is truly what is all about getting to the playoffs and winning.

Saying we are fortunate to have Cam is a big leap IMO at this stage in his career. Yes he has talent, but that doesn't win you ish anywhere in this world. You have to just go get the job done and so far Cam's career in Carolina he has not yet done that (turnovers, not converting, etc.) and if you say different then sir you are dumb, pretty simple.

If we were truly fortunate fans we would have a QB named Brady because those p.o.s fans of the Patriots are truly the fortunate ones

Posted

Can't get to the Playoffs without a defense, a head coach, and countless other breaks. Takes more than a star QB in most cases.

Posted

So nothing to say about all your frequent jekyll and hyde rants?

Don't get butt hurt when you get called out for it. Be a fan or don't.

Shut your fat trap how about?

Be a fan? I believe that's what I was trying to do with this thread for instance and you came in here and started stirring poo.

Btw on those comments, they were during the heat of gut wrenching moments and losses; they do it again ill say it again without thinking twice.

Quit being a sht stirrer