#166 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Luck, RGIII, and Wilson all look like legit NFL qbs

These last 2 years of QB's will be the future of the league... will be fun to see them involve and battle of the years... Cam, Dalton, Luck, RG III, Wilson, Maybe even Kapernick and Ponder.

#167 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Meh, Cam got slurped last season. Goes around long as you win.

Really kinda odd that there are that many rookies and such doing well.

Wilson, Tannehill, Luck, RGIII. An odd year in that respect. All these guys look like keepers now, but next season?

#168 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Luck doesn't need a wife or gf because the media slurps him enough to satisfy all his needs. Russell Wilson's performance vs the Bears (an actual defense) in OT was more impressive imo. Wilson didn't have any turnovers either and completed more than 50% of his passes. Maybe I'm biased against Luck because of the media's love affair with him, but he had 3 turnovers...Wilson should win rookie of the week (if RG3 doesn't rape the Giants tomorrow).

Wilson's stat line: 23/27 293 yrds 2 td's, 9 rushes 71 yds....0 turnovers. But I bet that all get's lost in the slurpfest over Luck tomorrow.

Wilson had a damn good performance too, and a hell of a OT Drive.

I think both players can and should be celebrated... I never understood why people feel the need to knock another player just to promote another....

TO Be honest I think RG III has the inside track to win rookie of the year because he really is the media's favorite this year.... for now at least... the media can switch up though... just like Cam from last year to this year.

#169 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Playoffs or not will probably determine ROY

#170 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

It's going to be a tossup between RG3 and Luck in these final weeks, but you have to look at what's being asked of Luck versus a RG3.

Luck has had 503 passing attempts to RG3's 304. You have to factor that in.

#171 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Heres my assessment (being as non biased as possible):

I think RG3 is having the best rookie year. 16 passing TDs, 6 rush TDs, 2497 yards (game tonight) only 4 interceptions, but 7 fumbles which is the only negative.

when it comes to Luck vs Wilson. Sure Luck has more passing yards. But check this out,

Luck has a 76.1 QBR this season
Wilson has 95.2 QBR this season

Wilson has 19 passing TDs (leads all rookies)
Luck has 17 passing TDs

Luck has 3596 passing yards (leads all rookies)
Wilson has 2344 passing yards

Wilson has 8 interceptions
Luck has 16 interceptions

Wilson literally has the edge on Luck in all passing cats minus yards. I get that Luck was the first pick, but Wilson should get a ton of credit. Not saying he will win OROY, but, I think he should be in the discussion. The guy will be good for a long time. Regardless, all three of these kids have an amazing future.

#172 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

serious question...does 3rd Round vs #1 and #2 come into play at all?

Wilson also became the first rookie QB to have a 125+ rating for three weeks in a row.

#173 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

serious question...does 3rd Round vs #1 and #2 come into play at all?

Wilson also became the first rookie QB to have a 125+ rating for three weeks in a row.

The only thing Russell has against him is that his team's defense is leaps and bounds better than either the Colts or the Redskins. RG3's numbers are even more incredible when you consider the godawful receiving corp. that he has at his disposal. At the same time, he has had a much better running game (although that he is something that he effects too due to their style of offense).

#174 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...ianapolis-colts

#175 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Absolutely ridiculous....

#176 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Absolutely ridiculous....

why. he explained himself very well in that article.

#177 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

why. he explained himself very well in that article.

That's all good and well but it's not like the Colts are devoid of any talent outside of Luck. They went to the playoffs how many years in a row until Manning went down? I'm not discrediting anything he's done because it's remarkable, but he's completed less than 60% of his passes, and has just one more touchdown than interceptions. That's not an MVP....

#178 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I am a huge Luck fan and I understand his argument and can respect his opinion...

However I personally disagree with this, no matter how he tries to twist this Luck should not be in the MVP race this year, and there is legitimate debate as to rather he is even the OROY

#179 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

That's all good and well but it's not like the Colts are devoid of any talent outside of Luck. They went to the playoffs how many years in a row until Manning went down? I'm not discrediting anything he's done because it's remarkable, but he's completed less than 60% of his passes, and has just one more touchdown than interceptions. That's not an MVP....

they dumped everyone but Reggie Wayne, you might need to rethink

#180 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

they dumped everyone but Reggie Wayne, you might need to rethink

You do realize that the Colts defense has made critical stops in games to get the offense the ball back right? You know like the one they made on Sunday to give Luck a chance at the comeback? But no, it's all Luck, he's the only reason they're successful....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com