• LocationMint Hill

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

same ol same ol, what's good?

#78 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• ALL-PRO
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Back to the issue at hand....that being Andrew Luck..

While I have caught bits and pieces of his early season performances, I can say that he doesn't look too bad for a rookie, HOWEVER...

it was only a few short months ago that every major sports media outlet in the country hyped this kid to be the "MOST PRO-READY QUARTERBACK SINCE MAYBE EVER"

Needless to say, that is obviously not true but his team hasn't done him many favors either. I think he will definitely be top half of the league once he gets comfortable and actually has a HC.

FWIW, I would still take Cam even if Luck was in the same draft.

Can't argue with potential when wins are not in play.

#79 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

I would assume that Luck's completion % has a lot to do with a rookie TE, a not so good O Line, and the fact that the starting tailback is bad at catching the ball, and there is no one outside of Wayne that scares anyone.

It's not that hard to see.

#80 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,764 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

While I have nothing against Luck (I think he'll end up being a good/great QB) I do think it's kind of funny how hyped this dude has been and was given universal praise by the media long before he ever took his first snap in the NFL... now that he's just playing like an average rookie QB and getting completely outshined by RG3 you'd think there'd be some form of criticism thrown his way. Considering the way Cam was bashed before the draft I know if he didn't completely destroy the rookie record books last season then he would have had the media lynch mob all over him for being an 'average rookie QB'.

#81 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Found this tidbit about Luck that might help explain his completion percentage:

http://www.rotoworld...439/andrew-luck

Andrew Luck's average pass attempt of 10.2 yards is the highest in the NFL this season.
Averse to the check-down, Luck has targeted wide receivers on a league-high 72 percent of his passes. "If you go back and look at my history," explains Bruce Arians, "I throw it deep more than anybody in the league."

#82 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

There have been a lot of QBs that come into the league and plateau within a year or two and fail to improve at their craft.

Based on his comments after the game tonight,Tony Dungee thinks the Colts have a very good franchise QB in Luck for the next ten years.

We will see.

#83 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Indy has a winning record.

#84 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

...despite their QB having more TOs than TDs and one of the worst passer ratings in the league. Theres something to be said about coaching, defense, and fan support.

#85 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,677 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

...despite their QB having more TOs than TDs and one of the worst passer ratings in the league. Theres something to be said about coaching, defense, and fan support.

this

#86 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Are you talking QBR rating?

#87 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Ehhhh I don't know about that

Coaching - Absolutely Yes... though I have watched some Indy games I have not watched enough to really comment on their coaching, but I doubt it is on the level with ours in terms of disappointment. I would guess our coaching has to be some of the worst in the league.

Defense - Don't agree... Their defense is worst than ours in terms of points and yards per game... Also they are dead last in the league with only 3 takeaways!! The next worst team has more than double with 7 takeaways. We have more sacks than indy. Now Indy has slightly better 3rd down defensive % but Indy is also next to last in the league in defensive penalty yards where we have the 3rd fewest. So with that being said and looking at our talent compared to theirs, there is no way I take their defense over ours or believe their defense has out performed ours.

Fan Support - This can be subjective... I'm not in indy, on their boards, and talking with other fans so I can;t speak on their fan support... But I don't think Luck nor Cam Needs Fan support to be successful or to make their play better. If they need the fans behind them to perform well, then I don't think they should be a QB in the NFL. I don't think fan support effects these players in anyway, nor do I think it should.

#88 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

Luck to Ballard in OT maybe the play of the decade!

I think even the Russian judge would have given them a "10" for that dive 1/2 twist!

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8565589

Posted Image

#89 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

It's simple. Do I think Luck will get there, in time, with some improvements on his team? Yes. I do think he can be a successful QB in this league. I've seen him make a few FANTASTIC throws. That being said, he's thrown some pure poo passes and made some very bad decisions with the football as well. He gets the rookie-pass this season, as long as he corrects them before next season.

Do I think he is worthy of the hype or do I think there is even a discussion about who is PLAYING better football right now between Luck and RGIII? Hell. No. RGIII is flat out balling. Forget the stats, just look at play. RGIII is just outplaying Luck right now. Watch their tape side-by-side, you'll see superior play on RGIII's end. The stats support that, but again, fug stats, just look at the play of these two.

Luck will be a good, hell, maybe even great QB if he just corrects some of his decision making and if Indy gets him more weapons. However, he's not worthy of being called anything other than "a rookie QB" until he shows us something more. We've seen flashes, let's make those flashes become the norm for his play, and then we'll talk.

#90 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

Watch the two play and watch the differing types of throws each make. Cam's problem right now is just the short routes. I don't know if it's touch or he just can't take power off of the throw to allow it to drop into zone coverages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com