Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E60 - Steve Smith (Full Length Video)

54 posts in this topic

Posted

man, if ever Smitty is on the fence to be voted into the Hall- this video will will be ammo to voters to keep him out

Posted

I find it funny alot of people are crucifying the man for fights with team mates. Outside of that, the guy is everything a fan could want, helps charities, no drunk driving or drug addictions, no rape accusations or slandering of a person.

On the field he is the blue-print for a person who is or has been told they are 'too small to compete' to show that ANYTHING can happen if you put time and effort into what your shooting for.

You can be assured if not a hall of famer, will definately be known as the most physical and demanding WR, pound for pound the NFL has ever seen.

Posted

Can't watch without getting a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes...

No homo, but I love that man.

GOAT, idgaf what anyone says. HOF should be a no-brainer.

It has been a pleasure to watch him play and become a man, out there for the world to see on Sundays.

Posted

man, if ever Smitty is on the fence to be voted into the Hall- this video will will be ammo to voters to keep him out

I thought the opposite. Voters, fans, etc. know the stories about the fights with teammates. The video shows his remorse and reasons behind them. Granted, they're still mistakes, but he opened up about it. I never knew the cancer scare about his wife for example.

Overall, awesome stuff. I <3 89.

Posted

Tell me your heart didn't stop beating for a few seconds during that pause.

Posted

I thought the opposite. Voters, fans, etc. know the stories about the fights with teammates. The video shows his remorse and reasons behind them. Granted, they're still mistakes, but he opened up about it. I never knew the cancer scare about his wife for example.

i think voters would see this and be "put off" by his pause and treatment of the interviewer.. the fact is he really wasn't Open about it.. he tried to stare him down and was waiting for him to move onto the next question

1 person likes this

Posted

Tell me your heart didn't stop beating for a few seconds during that pause.

I was kind of scared for the interviewer. I think I was scared for myself aswell.

Posted

He punched 3 teammates. He can't control his emotions....heck, look at the Seahawk game and tell me a guy who completely ignores the offensive play to go after a DB isn't looking for trouble. Smiths's actions on the field vs words off the field never matchup.

Great WR from a skill standpoint. In his prime I would take him over most. But you get baggage and problems with Smith and that will never change

Posted

Smith has made mistakes like everyone else but he's by far one the best WR in the NFL and without question, the best WR in Panther history...

Posted

just very weird all around

Posted

Probably the best player in Panther History.

Posted

Only Jersey I've ever worn or will ever wear. Period.