#31 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

You will digest my broad sweeping remark and you will like it!

Got 'em coach!

#32 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Sorry, I have a hard time believing that Rivera goes on profanity-laced tirades.

#33 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,735 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

i don't

#34 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Am I the only one that finds it hard to believe Rivera chews out players?

#35 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

A coach that cusses? Oh no!!

#36 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

I call bullshit.

#37 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Players are tuning him out because they are offended? ok..

#38 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Players are tuning him out because they are offended? ok..

Nope. Because it's getting old.

#39 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

45]
Gabe Weissman@Gabeking
@RosinskiBill any solid sources telling u about future plans depending on the outcome of the season?(i.e: job security of Rivera and Hurney)
Collapse

2:44 PM - 16 Oct 12 · Details

45]
16 OctPosted ImageBill Rosinski@RosinskiBill
@Gabeking yes and a lot riding on the rest of this season

i posted this in another thread on the day of his story but i have a feeling what he is saying might be true if this all holds up..

#40 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

It depends. From a coaching standpoint, not every player receives the same type of approach in the same way. You have to coach to the player in some cases. I know as a player, I didn't take well to direct cussing (such as "quit being a little bitch"), but the general "get the fug off the football and play like you want this poo" was never a problem. I knew guys who just didn't like it, but, they were soft as hell anyway. If Rivera is directly name-calling and poo, I see the player's side in that. That being said, they're adults, not high school or even college-aged kids. If you haven't learned and accepted that some people cuss and that is alright (there are no inherently "bad" words), you need to come to reality.

If true, I like that Rivera shows some emotion, if only behind closed doors. However, if true, I hope he is doing it appropriately. This is business, and he is the boss, but if he wants players' respect, he has to respect them. If he's cussing AT them, that's disrespectful. If he's cussing TO them, then they need to man up and get over it.

#41 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

He's a terrible tactician with a below average roster. That combo typically doesn't go well. Its great to hear he actually does get fiery but at some point you have to put a gameplan together that will win games and he hasn't done that yet.

#42 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

I hear ya. I just wish the coach and GM were on the same page on personnel decisions. The scary/terrible thing is that they probably were and the results have been a disaster so far.

Either way we can't change the past and now can only hope the future will be brighter by any means necessary.

I have a feeling this team will be a very, VERY different team next year. I really do believe we will see a new GM and coaching staff. I watch Rivera's press conferences every single week, his demeanor this week is telling. You can just tell he is emotionally spent and out down, he has the demeanor of a coach who knows his time is near. I will say this though, i predict Hurney wont be fired but will instead "announce his retirement."

#43 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Am I the only one that finds it hard to believe Rivera chews out players?

Nope, i remember watching a video on Panthers website last season, that Panthers insider bit Mike Craft does every week and it showed a clip of Rivera getting in the face BIG time during a clip. I mean, scary stuff, yelling. Not typcal stuff you see.

#44 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Nope, i remember watching a video on Panthers website last season, that Panthers insider bit Mike Craft does every week and it showed a clip of Rivera getting in the face BIG time during a clip. I mean, scary stuff, yelling. Not typcal stuff you see.

Well it doesn't seem to motivate our players, probably because they can just go whine to the owner that their feelings got hurt.

#45 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

45]
Gabe Weissman@Gabeking
@RosinskiBill any solid sources telling u about future plans depending on the outcome of the season?(i.e: job security of Rivera and Hurney)
Collapse

2:44 PM - 16 Oct 12 · Details

45]
16 OctPosted ImageBill Rosinski@RosinskiBill
@Gabeking yes and a lot riding on the rest of this season
i posted this in another thread on the day of his story but i have a feeling what he is saying might be true if this all holds up..

None of this will matter.

Contrary to what many "huddle experts" think... There is WAAAY too much talent on this roster for the team to have such a poor record. It's I direct reflection on this coaching staff. If this team doesn't turn it around Ribera is as good as gone.

I'll put any amount of money on that. There weren't any major injuries that caused us to start out 1-4.... Rivera is on the HOT seat period. He will attempt to coach his ass off for the remainder of the season... It remains to be seen if he can save his job, but it's definitely on the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.