Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

So a friend of mine killed himself...

35 posts in this topic

I know it sucks. Do your mourning, be there for his family and other friends of his, if you can/feel up to it. As stated, don't let it consume you. Talking to others, especially others that are going through this with you, should help with the subconscious thoughts (since you'd be consciously thinking and airing it out), and thus, the nightmares. If it doesn't, definitely talk to a professional or somebody separate from the death of your friend who can just listen and be there.

Hang in there, bud.

Often times that funny lovable exterior is just a way to cope and cover up what's inside

Sorry for your loss of a friend

1 person likes this

Often times that funny lovable exterior is just a way to cope and cover up what's inside

Actually, this echos the exact thing I was going ot mention. Sometimes the "always happy" folks are covering some stuff that they just can't deal with. Could explain the constant partying also. Hate it for you and the rest of his friends.

Sorry to hear it. Condolences from me as well.

So sorry to hear this James. Anytime some takes their own life it is a tragedy, not only for them, but for the people they left behind. It is something that haunts those who cared about the person forever.

Burning....have to believe that was under the influence of something. I still would wonder about an accident.

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. I agree with others, hope you have someone to talk to.

It's always tough when someone you're close to passes, esp if its unexpected and even moreso for a suicide.

My business partner passed last year and it took me months to process the fact that he just wasn't there anymore.

You have my condolences, I know its not easy.

If death is weighing on you, definitely find someone to talk to.

Bath salts are a helluva drug

btw...suicide is a permanent solution to (most times) a temporary problem.

Really helpful thanks :rolleyes:

Yeah clearly he was more disturbed than what he projected on the outside.

Still bothers me though that he had none of the supposed "warning signs"

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/depression-recognizing-signs-of-suicide

Panthro nailed it in my opinion

I know I've been pretty deep down in my life and if I'm going to be honest with you fugers...and I already said I've never touched fake boobies, how much more honest can you get than that...but anyway...I've had dark thoughts about doing myself in when I was younger and I know I masked my own pain and grief by acting out and trying to be the comedian...failed...and all of that too.

James, very sorry for your loss. Don't feel any guilt...if they didn't want you to know, you weren't going to know!

Panthro said it,

The funniest most outgoing people are sometimes the ones that hurt inside the most. They'll never show any signs before something like this happens.

I don't understand why or how he would burn himself to death though. Sorry for your loss man, life is crazy.

Sorry to hear.

Thoughts are with you.

Had a similar situation with a classmate that was doing better in school than any of the rest of us. She stayed late one afternoon to run off copies of her study notes to provide to entire class for the next days big exam, just like she had for previous exams. The next morning she was found hanging in her dorm room.

Thought about her death over the years, still doesn't make sense to me and it likely never will. It was a sad time and I wish I had been able to see it coming, but even in retrospect the signs are just not there. When you aren't thinking straight, the world can seem like it is closing in on you, leaving no way out other than death.

The best advice I can give is to let those you truly care about know you are available for them anytime they need someone to listen to their concerns/fears and you will do it without being judgmental. It may not seem like much, but sometimes it is enough.

1 person likes this