Photo
- - - - -

Prediction: Cam asks for trade. Smitty retires.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

QB position is different than a disgruntled DE.....

And sports are changing, players across the board are now flexing their muscle which is something that didn't occur as much years ago.

I think our lack of ability to field winning teams in our franchises history speaks plenty....

I still think you fail to realize the leverage a vocal Cam would actually have.....Carolina simply saying you have to play for us doesn't actually work out well for us.

With the QB position it is a double edge sword. If we don't start winning Cam will get the blame (fairly or unfairly) and there won't even be a market for him so what muscles would he be flexing? If we win Cam will be happy and will stay put.

I am just not worried about Cam Newton leaving the Panthers anytime soon.

#32 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,175 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Prediction: Feldman9000 makes 10 more terrible threads, then gets banned.

#33 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Im not talking about resigning him. He will not want to play here bc we DO NOT WIN GAMES. He doesnt care about the $ he made enough in college. He wants a ring. We cannot give him that.

#34 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Prediction: Feldman9000 makes 10 more terrible threads, then gets banned.

Still here buddy. This is a possibility. Dont be insecure about changes.

#35 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Im not talking about resigning him. He will not want to play here bc we DO NOT WIN GAMES. He doesnt care about the $ he made enough in college. He wants a ring. We cannot give him that.

Did you not hear me the first time Feldman? Go back to cheering for the Chargers tubby.

#36 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Did you not hear me the first time Feldman? Go back to cheering for the Chargers tubby.

As soon as you go back to blowin dongs for quarters. Had gastric bypass too buddy. Did you ever turn 18?

#37 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

As soon as you go back to blowin dongs for quarters. Had gastric bypass too buddy. Did you ever turn 18?

"I had gastric bypass so now I'm the poo!"

#38 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Agreed

We have a lot of leverage over Cam.

Under the new CBA we have an option for a fifth year and then we can franchise him in the 6th (I think).

Any player in year 3 will take the new contract unless it is a complete crapshow.

Cam will make bank here and will be a demigod. No reason to leave.

RIGHT???/

Greatest sig ever.

#39 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,261 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Cam's gotta actually show he can close a game before anyone would even want him, so let's just hold off on this discussion for now.

#40 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Remember when Rivera said teams wouldn't dictate what we do.....

Yet he consistently defends Chud passing when we should run.....saying the D forced us into it.

Yeah and Kalil being out weighted as the reason why we didn't QB sneak Cam.

#41 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

With the QB position it is a double edge sword. If we don't start winning Cam will get the blame (fairly or unfairly) and there won't even be a market for him so what muscles would he be flexing? If we win Cam will be happy and will stay put.

I am just not worried about Cam Newton leaving the Panthers anytime soon.

The ones blaming Cam are the fans and the media.. The owners will see past the media junky stories and know what is really going on. Cam is not going to be worried about money. He will get top a huge contract wherever he ends up. Unless we totally taint and ruin him. He wants to win and prides himself on winning. He is not used to losing and will not accept being on an average at best team without obvious improvement and chance at a Super Bowl.

#42 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Cam has hinted multiple times if this team doesn't adapt a winning culture he's leaving

#43 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

NFL free agents almost always go to the highest bidder. In the case of a tie, the Panthers aren't a particularly desirable destination for guys who want to win.

#44 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Peppers has already provided Cam the blue print for departure.

If this team wants anything in the way of compensation they will allow Cam to leave if he makes it clear he does not want to stay.

Hopefully, the Panthers front office gets things turned around and headed in the right direction before Cam has to make that decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.