#16 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Agree 100%. Not a Hurney fan by any stretch, but then again, he's not calling the read-option plays from upstairs, either.

Coaching staff next- keep Shula

#17 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,816 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Everyone is pointing the finger at Richardson right now but I said a few weeks ago JR is not afraid to make changes when its clear a plan is not working. The only reason Hurney was fired was because he had no contract and its going to take a while to find a GM.

#18 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,101 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

or is going to bring someone in IMMEDIATELY.

This is it, I'm am 80% sure. JR already has someone lined up. I can't think of a better explanation for the timing.

#19 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Schotty as a President of football Ops/GM would work for me.

#20 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Kenny Fugging Powers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationViera, Florida

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

The guy is 69 years old now......You know he'd want his son (the one that was fired from the Jets) on the staff as OC. I just can't get behind supporting that move.

This team needs stability....A HC the players trust and respect......Somebody that will take us to the national stage......Somebody to keep our budding superstar QB in check...... Somebody with some credentials and credibility.

#21 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I seriously, seriously doubt Richardson will ever allow another GM with a personality.

#22 thennek

thennek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Mike Holmgren just got 'retired' by the Browns. I would not be excited about him, but he is available and has SuperBowl wins.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

I seriously, seriously doubt Richardson will ever allow another GM with a personality.

Me too.

#24 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,501 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Mike Holmgren just got 'retired' by the Browns. I would not be excited about him, but he is available and has SuperBowl wins.

I don't care who it is...but If we get one more Brown scrub I will go apesh*t

#25 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

To label Polian returning to Charlotte a "longshot" would be an understatement.

It's fun to throw out a bunch of names of guys we could replace Marty with, but when it comes down to it I think we all know who the GM will be. It's going to be someone we've never heard of who already works with the team. A promotion from within that understands JR's philosophies and won't ruffle any feathers.

#26 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,919 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if this was just fanservice and we don't actually have a big name guy to take over.

See: John Fox's lame duck year

#27 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

I LOVE this place.

From a nearly unified chorus of Hurney has to go, to Hurney gone and people saying he wasn't the problem.

Only on the Huddle...

#28 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,919 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

I LOVE this place.

From a nearly unified chorus of Hurney has to go, to Hurney gone and people saying he wasn't the problem.

Only on the Huddle...

that usually means that no matter how "unified" it sounds on here the huddle is not a hive-mind

there's different people here with different opinions

#29 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,411 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

it's going to have to be a guy that Richardson trusts to build a winner enough that he doesn't meddle.

as long as Richardson is the one pulling the strings this franchise will never see anything better than sporadic winning interspersed with long drought periods.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Good post Fiz. I agree with everything except for the "Hurney spilling the beans" part.

Most educated/informed fans know Hurney was just a hood ornament but JR pulled all the strings, so we know who was behind the moves that have been made. But, by all accounts, Hurney and JR are really close and will continue to be.

To me, I think Hurney knew it was coming if Rivera didn't get the team on the right track and he was making more appearances and statements to kind of let it be known he was on the chopping block. If he was working without a contract and knew it was coming, I doubt he throws dirt on JR at this point.

But, I've said the same thing as far as everything else. The timing is awkward and it simply comes off as an empty gesture to me. I want to think something else big is coming that would please informed fans, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did it just to appease the many fans who blamed this season on Hurney.

I'm of the mind that we have ENOUGH talent, the coaching staff is where the problem lies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com