Photo
- - - - -

So I tune into talk radio a few minutes ago...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Any QB who celebrates by himself, in the endzone, while his team is losing, is a "me first" guy.

Exactly. The nature of the celebration itself screams me first. I am superman.

Hand the ball to the ref and thank your linemen for getting you there. That is leadership.

#26 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Aside from 1 throw yesterday, cam played well. How many GD drops did Murphy kill him with

#27 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Aside from 1 throw yesterday, cam played well. How many GD drops did Murphy kill him with

Perfect strikes too, both for first downs. We need Gettis for some spark.

#28 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

...and all they are talking about is Cam Newton. The same thing happened earlier today when I watched NFL network.

Somebody please explain to me why Hurney gets fired, and all they talk about is Cam Newton? Please, because I don't get it.

What am I missing?

Talking about Hurney doesn't do them any good.

They want readers, viewers and ears. That's it. Cam is a media lightning rod....they will turn the norm into something different bc it sells.

Outside of 1 throw Cam played a damn good game Sunday. National talk doesn't want to look at the reality of it.....they see a L.....and that means they will spin a good outing as clear evidence of a struggling QB.

Outside of the Giants game. Newton hasn't been bad in reality.....he has just been a standard young QB.

I mean compare Cam 22 games in vs someone like Eli and only look at there job (not what others on the team has done).....

The "media" is a joke

#29 dpanther69

dpanther69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

True the media is a "joke" but Cam has brought some of it on himself. He loves the camera during a TD celebration( while only earning a 7-15 record) but he (while being the face of the franchise) also needs to choose his words wisely while infront of the camera. To much is given much is expected. Some people on here blindly support Cam and find no fault in him whereas others can't wait to bash him and say I told you so. If we as Panthers fans can't agree on Cam what do you expect from the media. They are no different than the Huddlers on this board they voice their opionion. The one difference being they get paid to do so.

#30 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Agreed...sick of hearing the negative Cam Newton talk.

People need to realize this isn't Dallas, New York, San Fransisco or another big market. This is CHARLOTTE. I'm not saying "cater to Cam" but what I am saying is realize the talent that is here and don't pile on a 2nd year QB who was statistically the best rookie QB in the history of the NFL last year.

New York piled on Eli because they could afford to...he wasn't going anywhere. He was already playing in the best football town in the world on a team that he jockeyed to play for. The same can't be said for Cam. You better believe Jerry knows that and its why he acted sooner than later with getting this team on the right track.

So think before you call into the Zarzour radio show and pile on a kid who is freakin 23, possesses unmatched talent at the position, and could lead us to super bowls if we give him time, some talent surrounding him, and a coach that does more than pick his butt crack all game.

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

So I tuned in to sports talk radio a few minutes ago...

This is where you made your mistake

#32 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

This is where you made your mistake

Like an idiot, I thought they would be talking about Hurney and possible successors, where he went wrong, how to fix it, etc..

And this was local talk radio from NC. But yes, I should have known better.

#33 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

I was impressed with Jaws, Dilfer and Young on Monday night countdown - they had some very reasonable comments about Cam - haven't lost sight of his talent - their advice was for him to chill out a little and give himself a chance to grow.

Now if our fanbase would just chill out a little and give him a chance to grow...