Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holmgren said he will not rule out coaching again

22 posts in this topic

Posted

no walruses please.

Posted

...is Don Coryell still alive?

Posted

Never much cared for Holmgren, him fizzling out in Cleveland of all places seals the deal.

Posted

I would be for it, unlike some here I have the ability to look at the bigger picture and have a memory that goes back further then yesterday. then dude can coach, I don't think anyone with half a brain can argue this, he's taken 2 different teams to a super bowl and won one.

does anyone besides me realize the rarity of doing that? I can name the only other coach, can you?

do I want him as a from office guy, probably not, but as a coach hell yes.

Posted

I would be for it, unlike some here I have the ability to look at the bigger picture and have a memory that goes back further then yesterday. then dude can coach, I don't think anyone with half a brain can argue this, he's taken 2 different teams to a super bowl and won one.

does anyone besides me realize the rarity of doing that? I can name the only other coach, can you?

this....people seem to have blocked out what he did as a coach

Posted

He didn't do anything in Cleveland. What we need is some new blood, not old coaches with old philosophies.

Rivera, Chud, and McDermott are all new "blood" and look how it's been so far. Holmgren is a better coach than what we currently have.

Posted

He didn't do anything in Cleveland. What we need is some new blood, not old coaches with old philosophies.

Bill Belichick didn't do much in Cleveland either.... the place is a magnet for sorry franchises

Posted

I don't think anyone is advocating him for GM. As a coach, I don't think there'd be a better option than Holmgren. Definitely wouldn't want him as anything other than coach though.

Posted

I actually agree 100%.

I thought that Rivera could've brought the same thing, but obviously that didn't happen.

Posted

I'll be your huckleberry

1 person likes this