Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants to see a lebron vs. carmello match-up in the finals?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

personally, i want to see this in the finals, despite what the NBA wants. i think it'll be a whole lot better than lebron vs. kobe.

Posted

The league, the media, and most of the fans want a LeBron vs. Kobe NBA Finals. Think about it, they've been running those VitaminWater & Nike ads with the both of em well over a month now. Tony Kornheiser said it great today, NFL is a helmet league, NBA is a face league. And Stern wants his 2 biggest faces in the big dance for TV ratings.

With that said, I think Denver vs. Cleveland WOULD be a better Finals and would be very competitive. Count me as 1 of the few who would prefer it.

Posted

The league, the media, and most of the fans want a LeBron vs. Kobe NBA Finals. Think about it, they've been running those VitaminWater & Nike ads with the both of em well over a month now. Tony Kornheiser said it great today, NFL is a helmet league, NBA is a face league. And Stern wants his 2 biggest faces in the big dance for TV ratings.

With that said, I think Denver vs. Cleveland WOULD be a better Finals and would be very competitive. Count me as 1 of the few who would prefer it.

You had me right up to the point you had King James in but not Bean.

No surprise I suppose.

Melo and Howard will have something to say before either reaches the finals.

Personally I'd rather see Magic/Nuggets if Kobe or KJ isn't there.

Posted

I wouldn't mind seeing a combination of any of the 4 teams in the Finals at this point, even the Kobes.

Posted

I think that the nuggets would match up better than the Lake show would against the Cavs.....No matter who is in the finals i say it goes 7.....

Posted

i wonder when the NBA would stop focusing on ONLY their big market teams and try to improve the overall quality of the game. I see why it's a face league, but if a team is good and playing good basketball, people would watch. people would also watch if the games are good. i could care less who's playing. i don't even care if it's oklahoma city vs. washington, if the game is good to me, i'll watch. i'm sure plenty of other people would watch if they hear/see if it's a good series.

seeing that, idk why the league is shying away from lebron/carmello. so many storylines with that one (#1 vs. #3 overall, carmello trying to be in the conversation with lebron/wade/kobe, etc...) i'm kinda surprised the NBA didn't try to develop a rivalry b/w the 2. that's something i would want to see personally

Posted

I want Kobe Lebron and want Kobe to steamroll em... Not sure if it could happen but i would love it if it would.

I love lebron and kobe but its crazy to hear Kobe as an underdog. Whoever becomes the underdog between the two I'll root for.

I'm a memphis fan so if they aren't in it (which the never are) I'm down for a great series.

Posted

looks like it could be Dwight vs. Carmello...i wouldn't mind seeing this series

Posted

looks like it could be Dwight vs. Carmello...i wouldn't mind seeing this series

NBA's worst nightmare.

Posted

NBA's worst nightmare.

That's the series I want to see

Posted

NBA's worst nightmare.

if the series is good, people will watch. if it's 7 close, tightly contested, game-winning shot games, people will watch in droves. It's not San Antonio-Detroit, so i'd imagine the league could live with that. and i will most certainly watch. I'd perfer this compared to 6 blowouts, like i think kobe v. lebron would be