Photo
- - - - -

Attention Cam Haters. Ron Jaworski Would Like to Have a Word With You.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

And tell you that you should probably stop watching football or you can keep watching, but it won't make you any less stupid.

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8553786

"What I did this week was spend some time looking at tape, and what I thought was, that is where the evaluation of Cam Newton needs to be made. And quite honestly, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH CAM NEWTON."

Now I do have some issues with their offense, what their doing..."

Jaws goes onto say 81% of Cam's passes have come out of the shotgun, 66% of our runs have come out of shotgun.

He says it's essentially the Auburn offense, it's a gimmick/gadget-offense, and those never work in the NFL. There has to be balance. Power running, playaction, etc. The use of the shotgun will not work in Carolina.

Great listen.

#2 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

He did say that not as good last year has people though and people need to temper their superstar expectations because he is still learning..

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,882 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

People that hate Cam will continue to hate. I found myself defending him yet again last night at our flag football banquet. Living in Charlotte compounds the problems because in the group of 4 men I was talking with was a Bronco fan, a Ravens fan, a Patriots fan, and an Eagles fan. People that live in Charlotte who want to see the home team fail. It's just pathetic. Preach on Jaws!

#4 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

interviewer: Derp, Derp, Derp Whats wrong with Cam, Derp.

Jaws: Knowledge, Knowledge Knowledge, Cams Fine, coaches suck, Knowledge.

Interviewer: Derp, Derp, Derp Andrew Luck great, team making him look bad, Derp.

Jaws: Pause...Knowledge Knowledge, Offensive Line not bad, Luck not that great, Knowledge

Jaws: I wanna talk about the rookie who actually is balling. Knowledge, Knowledge

Interviewer: Awww do I have too... Derp, Derp

Jaws: Knowledge, Knowledge, Knowledge RGIII balling, Coaches taking care of him, Knowledge

Interviewer: Derp, Derp, Derp, I will ignore the obvious truth and refuse to acknowledge it, while continuing to chew on some Brady Nuts.Derp.

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

People that hate Cam will continue to hate. I found myself defending him yet again last night at our flag football banquet. Living in Charlotte compounds the problems because in the group of 4 men I was talking with was a Bronco fan, a Ravens fan, a Patriots fan, and an Eagles fan. People that live in Charlotte who want to see the home team fail. It's just pathetic. Preach on Jaws!

and others will put him on a pedestal and never fault him for a single thing or place blame on him when blame is due

#6 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,803 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Jaws went from one of my most hated media guys to my top 3 several years back. The man knows how to break down film and evaluate players.

#7 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

That link took me to the conversation about Cam, and what was said matches up with what you wrote, but it was Greg Cosel, not Jaws.

#8 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

My bad Marguide, I don't know how that happened... I edited it and fixed it. It's the correct link now. And the quotes are from Jaws directly.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,084 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

And tell you that you should probably stop watching football or you can keep watching, but it won't make you any less stupid.

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8553786

"What I did this week was spend some time looking at tape, and what I thought was, that is where the evaluation of Cam Newton needs to be made. And quite honestly, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH CAM NEWTON."

Now I do have some issues with their offense, what their doing..."

Jaws goes onto say 81% of Cam's passes have come out of the shotgun, 66% of our runs have come out of shotgun.

He says it's essentially the Auburn offense, it's a gimmick/gadget-offense, and those never work in the NFL. There has to be balance. Power running, playaction, etc. The use of the shotgun will not work in Carolina.

Great listen.

I don't disagree with anything he said. To me the big question is WHY are they running this offense.

It has to be two things:

1. They are lazy and are in over their heads.....hey he ran that offense well at Auburn, let's just do the same thing here.

2. They do not think he is capable of learning an NFL offense, making pre-snap reads/audibles, and this give him the best chance to have success.

I have no idea which one it is. But, based on the success he had last season, my money is on #1.

#10 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Are these people NC natives? If so, you should just laugh in their face about being a fake fan. Or beat them with a stick.

#11 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

My bad Marguide, I don't know how that happened... I edited it and fixed it. It's the correct link now. And the quotes are from Jaws directly.

No problem. It's actually good, as it is yet another respected opinion that the problem isn't Cam nearly as much as the offense he is being asked to run. Both Cosel and Jaws are film guys, and I trust their opinion.
Especially since it agrees with mine :thumbsu:

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

I don't disagree with anything he said. To me the big question is WHY are they running this offense.

It has to be two things:

1. They are lazy and are in over their heads.....hey he ran that offense well at Auburn, let's just do the same thing here.

2. They do not think he is capable of learning an NFL offense, making pre-snap reads/audibles, and this give him the best chance to have success.

I have no idea which one it is. But, based on the success he had last season, my money is on #1.

Yeah it's #1. From all of the stuff we've heard from guys that breakdown the film over the last week, he actually has excelled from under center moreso than out of shotgun this year.

I think Chud has an obsession with gimmicks and gadgets and lacks the awareness to adjust when it doesn't work. In short, he shouldn't be an OC and Rivera shouldn't be a HC.

#13 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Attention Brooklyn Bully

#14 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Excuses excuses. I am not one that hates the guy but I think A, he is definitely struggling compared to last year and B, his body language does not reflect that of a leader. Take it how u wish.

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,084 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Yeah it's #1. From all of the stuff we've heard from guys that breakdown the film over the last week, he actually has excelled from under center moreso than out of shotgun this year.

I think Chud has an obsession with gimmicks and gadgets and lacks the awareness to adjust when it doesn't work. In short, he shouldn't be an OC and Rivera shouldn't be a HC.

Amazing though. Everyone thought Chud was a genius last season with some of the schemes he came up with. He was using gimmicks sprinkled in to really keep defenses guessing.

It is almost like he said.....hey, we are having success with these gimmicks....let's run them all the time. They will be even better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.