Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoureWelcome

D-Will on trading block?

104 posts in this topic

The only problem I have with DeAngelo is his contract, as well as Gross, Gamble, Beason, and CJ.

If we can get something decent for him, do it

Deangelo being traded would be yet another mistake that this organization would have made. If we had John Fox as the head coach right now we would be in a better position than 1-5. Under John Fox we mostly played good defense and we also utilized our running backs. The problem with the John Fox era was we really never had a franchise quaterback. Fox knew the limitations of his team and he understood the strengths and weaknesses. He knew Jake Delhomme was not a very good Qb that is why he relied on his backfield and his defense to keep us in games. The problem with Ron Rivera is he does not utilize the talent that is on this team the proper way. We finally have a franchise qb and a stable of good running backs. I am glad JR stepped up and took action for the good of the organization and fans. If we would just run a conventional offense ya'll would see the greatness that we have sitting in our backfield. This has been discussed over and over again 'THE READ OPTION DOES NOT WORK' as your primary play on just about every offensive snap! If we start using our backs in a conventional pro set and not hinder them by slowing them down when they do get the ball on the read option you will see a vast improvement in Deangelo's and Jonathan's performances. Deangelo is quick, powerful and has excellent field vision if we trade him it would be a huge mistake. It is not his fault that the coaching staff is not utilizing him properly.

D Will don't seem to fit our current offense but I think that he's been more reliable than Stew over their careers, as far as injuries and fumbles.

Gotta pull the trigger on anything. Triple Quadruple Trouble just isn't necessary maaaan

this isn't the john fox era, he won't touch the ball that much.

people are seriously overreacting.

I wouldn't be so sure of that with some of the things Rivera is saying.

Deangelo being traded would be yet another mistake that this organization would have made. If we had John Fox as the head coach right now we would be in a better position than 1-5. Under John Fox we mostly played good defense and we also utilized our running backs. The problem with the John Fox era was we really never had a franchise quaterback. Fox knew the limitations of his team and he understood the strengths and weaknesses. He knew Jake Delhomme was not a very good Qb that is why he relied on his backfield and his defense to keep us in games. The problem with Ron Rivera is he does not utilize the talent that is on this team the proper way. We finally have a franchise qb and a stable of good running backs. I am glad JR stepped up and took action for the good of the organization and fans. If we would just run a conventional offense ya'll would see the greatness that we have sitting in our backfield. This has been discussed over and over again 'THE READ OPTION DOES NOT WORK' as your primary play on just about every offensive snap! If we start using our backs in a conventional pro set and not hinder them by slowing them down when they do get the ball on the read option you will see a vast improvement in Deangelo's and Jonathan's performances. Deangelo is quick, powerful and has excellent field vision if we trade him it would be a huge mistake. It is not his fault that the coaching staff is not utilizing him properly.

This. I'm also not 100% confident in Stew's health as an every down back. Tolbert is good, but he's not D-Will. If I wasn't so worried about Stew's durability, I would be 99.9% against trading D-Will instead of 100%.

D Will don't seem to fit our current offense but I think that he's been more reliable than Stew over their careers, as far as injuries and fumbles.

I agree. I'd also add that no one on the team seems to fit this current offense.

I hope we can get a decent player, because he won't garner much as a draft pick. I mean most would be a 3rd and that's if we're lucky. I say call GB or the Lions, see if they are interested. From GB get someone like Randall Cobb or one of their CB's. From the Lions, a D linemen or something.

What other teams need a proven RB?

I get the feeling that if this comes to pass, the "house cleaning" will then be in full effect.

That being said... I hope it's a Decent pick in the draft. Because if we get a player... who's to say they player stays after the season with a new GM installed and possibly the coaching staff being changed over again?

We know where ever DWill goes, he'll be there awhile. We can't afford to have a player come in for a half a season and boot'em. That'd be like just releasing DWill really.

I honestly don't like this, and think DWill should stay. (yes I know the contract is every ones issue... but, who knows what the new GM will do when they get here?)

just not a good feeling right now with this organizations "snap decisions" in the past week.

This. I'm also not 100% confident in Stew's health as an every down back. Tolbert is good, but he's not D-Will. If I wasn't so worried about Stew's durability, I would be 99.9% against trading D-Will instead of 100%.

I agree. I'd also add that no one on the team seems to fit this current offense.

Fair enough with the exception of Stew. When Stew dosent play, Chud gets dumber. I would say they're trying to make up for our weak oline by running the read option but I don't think our oline is that much better than last years.

Best we can realistically hope for is a 5th - MAYBE a 4th for a RB-needy team that feels he'd be a big upgrade for them.