32 replies to this topic

#16 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

To call Nash done is just as, if not more ridiculous. He is one of the rare guys that has got better with age. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

#17 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Good deal for OKC. Lamb is going to be a good one

#18 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

the lakers took a shot to be good/great for 2 yrs, bynum if he stays healthy can be a better person to carry a team than dwight. Howard is a number two since he cant be a go-to scorer, he is a putback pts kinda guy. obviously a great defender and rebound guy. Bynum is and will continue to be a guy you can throw into the post and get 23pts 9reb and a block a game, he is younger. but neither can stay healthy..... so point is kinda moot.

Nash, kobe, artest, pau, howard is the oldest starting lineup in the league, even more so than the aged spurs. There window is short and they have to find a way to stop westbrook and durant. In their lineup you see that is the 2 weakest defenders on the team at the SF and PG postion. as amazing as nash is on offense he is bad on defense, I personally think they were better of for the future with bynum but dwight helps more now.... the next 2 yrs the championships is going to be between the heat, thunder, and lakers in that order.

#19 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Good for Harden. I'm glad he didn't buy into the FO's bullshit about not being able to afford to pay the luxury tax and held out for a max deal.

#20 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

the lakers took a shot to be good/great for 2 yrs, bynum if he stays healthy can be a better person to carry a team than dwight. Howard is a number two since he cant be a go-to scorer, he is a putback pts kinda guy. obviously a great defender and rebound guy. Bynum is and will continue to be a guy you can throw into the post and get 23pts 9reb and a block a game, he is younger. but neither can stay healthy..... so point is kinda moot.

Nash, kobe, artest, pau, howard is the oldest starting lineup in the league, even more so than the aged spurs. There window is short and they have to find a way to stop westbrook and durant. In their lineup you see that is the 2 weakest defenders on the team at the SF and PG postion. as amazing as nash is on offense he is bad on defense, I personally think they were better of for the future with bynum but dwight helps more now.... the next 2 yrs the championships is going to be between the heat, thunder, and lakers in that order.

I'm assuming that you are talking about the Lakers and Nash + Metta being their weakest defenders. I'm not really sure how you figure that SF is one of the Lakers two weakest positions defensively lol. Metta isn't a lock down defender these days, but he's still the Lakers best on ball defender and 2nd best overall defensive player (next to Dwight of course). A lot of people think that Metta is done, but he's in the best shape that he's been in since 2008 or 2009. I think that he'll be a top notch defender once again this season, instead of simply above average like last season.

#21 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Also the best way to defend a guy with the skills of a Russell Westbrook, is to make them work on both ends of the floor. Steve Nash will do just that....

#22 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Also the best way to defend a guy with the skills of a Russell Westbrook, is to make them work on both ends of the floor. Steve Nash will do just that....

Exactly. Nash isn't a good on ball defender these days (never was better than average), but he will make players work and is a smart defender. Plus NO ONE is staying in front of Westbrook and locking him up. All we can hope is that Nash can make him exert a lot of energy and become a jumpshooter. Even if/when Westbrook gets by Nash -- Dwight is right there to meet him at the rim.

#23 Shaqil915

Shaqil915

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I think one of the 1st round draft picks is the raptors' as well, so if that turns out to be another lottery pick and with a little luck, OKC might be landing the next great defensive big man in Noel as well next year.

#24 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I think one of the 1st round draft picks is the raptors' as well, so if that turns out to be another lottery pick and with a little luck, OKC might be landing the next great defensive big man in Noel as well next year.

The pick is Top 4 protected next year. 0% chance Nerlens is available at 5 or later.

#25 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Keep drinking the cool aid on artest.... he was done after he signed for big money he got after that year with the Rockets.

#26 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Keep drinking the cool aid on artest.... he was done after he signed for big money he got after that year with the Rockets.

Metta might not be the player that he once was (far from it), but you're still wrong about him being a weak link in the defense.

#27 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Get it right guys- Artest is solid on d.

He is just a liability on the offensive end, where he jacks up bad threes like hes Kobe

#28 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Metta has been a major liability on offense. He needs to learn his role. He should be standing in the corner for spot up 3's instead of being a ball-stopper. I mean seriously.. he handles the ball way too much, goes in the post way too much, pulls up for jumpers, etc.. he likes to pretend that he is Kobe and it's really annoying. I almost made a post last night to kman72 because he (Metta) was also straight trash on defense last night lol.

#29 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Artest just isn't the athlete he used to be; he relies on his physicality and experience (which is still very important) but it just doesn't put him in the elite of defenders anymore... i'm just saying at his position he is in trouble against the thunder when he has his matchup with durant along with nash vrs westbrook. Gasol would be the 3rd worst defender in the starting lineup but he can easily handle Serge Ibaka. I actually like Gasol's D and think he gets a bad rap for it, i have more issue with his lack of boxing out for rebounds.

#30 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

To be fair I don't think anyone can guard Westbrook of Durant. LeBron is (for whatever reason) considered a top 3 defender that can guard anyone and Durant had his way with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users