Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smittyceo

PANTHERS @ BEARS Official Game Thread

1,114 posts in this topic

Defense just doesn't have the talent to cover for any mistakes. You put a determine offense with the momentum our coaching staff handed them against them, we don't have a chance.

Offense looked much better this week in our first week back in system similar to last years. Had a couple balls bounce against us and needed to close out some drives but ultimately put up enough points to win. Defense couldn't come up when it counted.

Are you fuging kidding me!!!!!!

The defense played great today. The offense could not score TD's. that is why we lost.

You can't argue with the nuthuggers dude. Some think its everyone else's fault but CamS, but if we look at it objectively and watch his demeanor the guy does not have "it". He is a self absorbed ass.

You are 100% right, the good news is hopefully by the end of the season all the Camwagon fans will be gone as quickly as they came.

Seriously, Cam wasn't great, but those blaming Cam can gtfo. That pick 6 wasn't on cam. That was 100% on Smitty. I love Smitty, but he made the mistake that put them back in the game.

Just not good play calling with 2nd down on the 4 and we a re up 16-7. Run the ball. 2 downs to get a td, but nope, 2 passes that have no chance.

You are 100% right, the good news is hopefully by the end of the season all the Camwagon fans will be gone as quickly as they came.

Yep, I've been a member of this forum since 2008 and I'm a Camwagoner....you got it bud! How about you ask KT what he thinks my opinion of Cam is???

Always easy to put blame on anyone like Cam. It all goes back to the coach. I put the blame on him and poor game management. Especially opting not to kick a field goal at the end of the half for a hail mary. Give Medlock a chance. He has a better chance connecting on a fg than a hail mary. He misses, so be it, at least you gave him a chance.

1 person likes this

Yep, I've been a member of this forum since 2008 and I'm a Camwagoner....you got it bud! How about you ask KT what he thinks my opinion of Cam is???

Whoop dee doo! I've been a member since 2005.

I clearly wasn't referring to just you.

Whoop dee doo! I've been a member since 2005.

I clearly wasn't referring to just you.

The point is a lot of the people you're referring to as Camwagoners have been here a lot longer then Cam, and just know more about football to realize that the pick 6 was in no way Cam's fault. I've been really critical of Cam when he makes a dumb mistake, but I'm also not going to blame him when his receivers falls on a timing route....

Unbelievable... simply unbelievable. This is the worst snake-bitten team I've ever seen in my life. Nothing goes our way, ever.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately these close losses are only going to make this franchise's losing culture worse. It's going to get worse (maybe a lot worse) before it gets better. But the next step in that direction will be firing Rivera at the end of the season. I remember someone on the Huddle saying the Steelers hired Tomlin over Rivera because Tomlin had the killer instinct that Rivera lacked. We're seeing that lack of a killer instinct in our 4th quarter collapses.

I don't blame anyone for this one. Rivera's group had the team ready to play, imo, against the best team in the NFL right now. I thought we'd get blown out of Chi-town by halftime.

Unfortunately, Rivera isn't getting it done. So... he really should be released. It's not personal. Doesn't mean he's a horrible coach. Just means he's not what this team needs right now. And yes it's okay to move on in the middle of the season. Dallas did it a few years ago and it worked out for them - for a couple of weeks anyway.

• Topics

• With rivera thinking defense would win mentality..they thought Cam would be enough him and Smitty and double trouble...didn't work that way..this is a passing league and you have to adjust..front 7 is nice but if the team is getting ball out quick it negates it.Our offense in the SB was slow and line not good on the right side..After loosing Smity we had no true threat...Benjamin is good but is slow. Ginn and Brown weak and small..they are no smity ..If Steve were here we would have had a 2015 SB. Imagine Smitty in Browns place during SB...the organization took a turn for worst on offense should have gotten a  replacement benji was not it or was not enough.
    • So you answer a question with a question? Have no opinion?  Scared to guess?
    • correct. herbert spencer's concept (falsely attributed to darwin) was used heavily throughout the late 19th century to add a scientific justification for things like child labor and opposing evils such as regulations. some people were meant to be poor! it is a sure sign someone has no empathy and shouldn't be a viable voice in putting together a society that works for everyone because it is inherently anti-social.