24 replies to this topic

#1 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm re-watching the game right now, and that was one of the worst attempts, at catching the ball(if you could call it an attempt) he really just stood there and watched him intercept it. COME BACK TO THE fuging BALL AND TRY TO CATCH IT, or that wouldn't have been a int.

#2 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

That really pissed me off yesterday.

#3 ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

I don't know what's going on with him and Cam, but it ain't charisma, that's for damn sure.

#4 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,980 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I said that in the chat but the anti-Cam crowd blamed Cam because it's more convenient...

As I said, Cam did what he was supposed to do - the OL didn't block and you can't take a sack in that situation, so he got rid of it.

I've come to be extremely disappointed with Olsen. If he isn't being fed that ball, he isn't worth the 3rd rounder we gave up for him. Playing extremely soft.

#5 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Olsen was standing, Jennings was moving towards the ball already, it is much harder to react to those kind of situations from standing than if you re already moving.

Should Olsen have been on his way to the ball? Yeah, probably although he had sat in an area he thought would help. Once the ball was thrown though there was only going to be one person who could get to it before the ground.

#6 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Cam should have just eaten the ball. That play reminded me of way too many of Delhomme's plays back in the day.

#7 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

While Olsen became a statue at the worst possible time, those desperation sideways heaves from a QB under serious pressure rarely turn out well.

#8 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Might just be me, but I would think maybe Olsen wasnt 100% focused on the game with his son having multiple heart surgeries. I could be wrong.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

While Olsen became a statue at the worst possible time, those desperation sideways heaves from a QB under serious pressure rarely turn out well.

Yeah, Cam was trying to throw it away and it wobbled on him because he was falling down.

#10 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

After the ball was thrown, Olsen should have moved towards the ball to catch it, but that ball never should have been thrown to begin with.

#11 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

That was about 80% on Newton. Olsen could have helped him out some but it was a bad, bad throw.

#12 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Cam wasn't trying to throw it away. He was trying to complete the pass to Olsen. He shouldn't have attempted that pass while in such duress.

But it was a very catchable pass if Olsen takes 2 steps towards the ball.

#13 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

yeah situations like this if you can't throw it away, you take the sack

#14 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Olsen could have done more, but Cam needs to learn to take a sack in those situations.

#15 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

I dont remember how many timeouts Carolina had left, but if Cam would've taken a Sack it would have ran the clock down to under 15 seconds and put us out of field goal range (didnt matter at the time because RR wasnt going to kick a field goal).

If this was in the middle of the first quarter then I would agree, Cam should take a sack, but in a situation like this, quarterbacks are coached specically NOT to take a sack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com