Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Olsen on that int

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm re-watching the game right now, and that was one of the worst attempts, at catching the ball(if you could call it an attempt) he really just stood there and watched him intercept it. COME BACK TO THE fuging BALL AND TRY TO CATCH IT, or that wouldn't have been a int.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

That really pissed me off yesterday.

Posted · Report post

I don't know what's going on with him and Cam, but it ain't charisma, that's for damn sure.

Posted · Report post

I said that in the chat but the anti-Cam crowd blamed Cam because it's more convenient...

As I said, Cam did what he was supposed to do - the OL didn't block and you can't take a sack in that situation, so he got rid of it.

I've come to be extremely disappointed with Olsen. If he isn't being fed that ball, he isn't worth the 3rd rounder we gave up for him. Playing extremely soft.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Olsen was standing, Jennings was moving towards the ball already, it is much harder to react to those kind of situations from standing than if you re already moving.

Should Olsen have been on his way to the ball? Yeah, probably although he had sat in an area he thought would help. Once the ball was thrown though there was only going to be one person who could get to it before the ground.

Posted · Report post

Cam should have just eaten the ball. That play reminded me of way too many of Delhomme's plays back in the day.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

While Olsen became a statue at the worst possible time, those desperation sideways heaves from a QB under serious pressure rarely turn out well.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Might just be me, but I would think maybe Olsen wasnt 100% focused on the game with his son having multiple heart surgeries. I could be wrong.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Chaos' timestamp='1351519304' post='1970028']
While Olsen became a statue at the worst possible time, those desperation sideways heaves from a QB under serious pressure rarely turn out well.
[/quote]

Yeah, Cam was trying to throw it away and it wobbled on him because he was falling down.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

After the ball was thrown, Olsen should have moved towards the ball to catch it, but that ball never should have been thrown to begin with.

Posted · Report post

That was about 80% on Newton. Olsen could have helped him out some but it was a bad, bad throw.

Posted · Report post

Cam wasn't trying to throw it away. He was trying to complete the pass to Olsen. He shouldn't have attempted that pass while in such duress.

But it was a very catchable pass if Olsen takes 2 steps towards the ball.