Photo
- - - - -

Coming soon to a news wire near you...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#25 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

nm

#26 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

we could be getting blown out

Losses are losses whether it's by 1 or 100. I guess when you compare 2010 to 2012 it was easier to swallow the losses in 2010 because even though the team was getting blown out, Jimmy Clausen was terrible and it was clear John Fox was done with the Panthers.

But in 2012, with a team as talented as this, someone has to take the fall for the abysmal season. Hurney has already paid with his job, but you could make the case that Rivera individually lost the game against the Bears by calling soft zone coverage on the final drive (something he admitted to). When does the buck stop? Or is it status quo until the end of the season because either way the season is lost and you might as well keep it together in hopes it turns around?

I'm pro firing him now just because this hilariously awful trend of giving away the game at the end has to be coaching at this point. Players can blow a few games here and there because of a mistake but if it happens week in, week out, it's the coaching. This same thing happened all year last year too. Rivera just doesn't have the moxie to out-coach the opponent at the end of the game.

#27 grateflday

grateflday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

all these coaches fires post are a joke... I aint buying it and its not gonna happen. There is no one to bring in and an interm HC who also will not be here next season wont make things any better. The only way RR and staff is fired is if Jerry had in mind and was ready to hire the new HC and GM so they can get in now and evaluate, etc - BUT That doesnt exist so there will be no firing until the season is over.

#28 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

I never thought Hurney would get fired during the season either, so only JR knows.

#29 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

This was really just a preemptive thread so I could be the one to say "I told you so."

I think the players (that matter) want this to happen sooner rather than later, and I'd let the axe fall now to get an official head start on the future.

If it were me, I'd want to do something to appease the guys out there actually killing themselves trying to win with a crappy game plan. It is no secret now, publicly, that those guys are the ones with better shots of being Panthers once the season is done anyways. Why not make an attempt to show them that, as an owner, you hear and understand the signals they are sending?

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

This was really just a preemptive thread so I could be the one to say "I told you so."

I think the players (that matter) want this to happen sooner rather than later, and I'd let the axe fall now to get an official head start on the future.

If it were me, I'd want to do something to appease the guys out there actually killing themselves trying to win with a crappy game plan. It is no secret now, publicly, that those guys are the ones with better shots of being Panthers once the season is done anyways. Why not make an attempt to show them that, as an owner, you hear and understand the signals they are sending?

Can't get much of a head start with no GM and no ability to interview candidates.

#31 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Where there is a will there is a way.

#32 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Better than (insert racist joke here). Woogie Boogie!

If you have hate in yer heart, let it out. Watt parr.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Where there is a will there is a way.

You want to task Danny Morrison with the job of finding a GM and head coach at the same time?

And then you want to tell the new GM that he doesn't get to do the work of picking his head coach because we already picked one for him?

Neither of those things will work.

#34 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

?

McDermott = INTERIM HC

You act like similar things have never happened.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

?

McDermott = INTERIM HC

Rivera is making the personnel decisions right now.

You giving that job to McDermott too?

#36 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

?

McDermott = INTERIM HC

I've never seen a GM and head coach fired in consecutive weeks, no.