Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know who we should pick up next season if available?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd like to pursue Long, Clady, or Melton if we had the money. Save the rest for the draft unless there is a bargain out there.

Posted

I'd like to pursue Long, Clady, or Melton if we had the money. Save the rest for the draft unless there is a bargain out there.

Too many needs to fill through the draft! We have to do something we haven't done in awhile and be a major player in FA!

Needs:

#1 WR

Starting caliber RG

Starting Safety

Starting caliber LT (let's face it, Gross isn't getting any younger and would probably be best to kick him to RT)

Starting DT to replace Stop Gap Ron Edwards

Luxury:

A true Dominant #1 DE(At minimum some solid talent in the rotation)

Better DT depth

A CB capable of replacing Gamble

A viable TE for our Double TE sets opposite Olsen

We aren't getting all of this any time soon drafting alone, we need to turn to FA help

Posted

If we can address just two of our needs in FA then we would be off to a good start, but we need to address at least 3 needs and 1 luxury before I would feel this team is serious about winning

Posted

If we can address just two of our needs in FA then we would be off to a good start, but we need to address at least 3 needs and 1 luxury before I would feel this team is serious about winning

I'm just not sure we can do that with all the huge contracts we have. It's going to take major restructuring. Ideally we would want to address two needs in FA then fill as much as possible in the draft.

IMHO our biggest needs are:

OT/OG

FS

WR

TE

DT

CB

DE

Posted

Biggest needs:

Safety

WR

CB

OG

DT

OT

Posted

Fix the o-line and we don't need expensive RBs.

Posted

The opportunity is there in FA to grab a top shelf Safety, WR, and OT. The smart thing right now is trade Dwill and if we can Smith for 2nd-4th extra picks. Then we need to get Jarius Byrd, Ryan Lilja, and Alan Branch. Solid Players that improve positions of need! Then we can spend our first two rds on WR and CB

Posted

Is it even possible for us to do anything next year in FA?

We are so in cap hell...

Posted

The New GM's job will not be easy

Posted

Why is no one even considering Dwayne Bowe? (I skipped to end, sorry if anyone did)Dump dwills contract on someone and sign and trade with picks+players. There's a solid offensive weapon right there. Solved.

Posted

8 rushes 7 yards? Would fit right in, in Carolina

Posted

I only pied smokescreen because of his sig.

I'd rather see something done in the secondary and or the DT department to help Dwan and Ron.

Also shop for a legit #1 WR.