Photo
- - - - -

Defense for real? Sunday should say much...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

We have a lot of injuries on our defensive line at the moment that's got me worried, especially D. Edwards and Alexander, who missed practice yesterday. I think if they're still out today we may have less success with that line than the last few games. It was day and night apparent when D. Edwards went out against the Bears.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

i think we'll look good the whole game against them. in fact i think they'll lead most of the game.

it will boil down to what the panthers do in the last 5-10 minutes that will decide the game, though. if river & co. decide to play it safe on D and stupid on offense then we'll blow another game handing the win to the other team.

we're as good and as tough as any team out there. you put last year's offense with this year's defense and you have a playoff caliber team. the problem is that we just can't finish.

i really hope we figure out how to do it this week.

#13 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

I hate to say this (even though I have pointed out on many sites) cause I really do love Beason BUT our Defense changed completely when he went out and Keuchly went over to the middle.
Add on the fact that we lost Gamble at the same time and its even more impressive. It may just be coincidence but I doubt it.

It just shows that when the middle of your defense is talented...and healthy...it can have a huge impact. Kuechly is a 21 year old rookie? Its scary to think how good he will be in a couple of seasons when he gains more NFL experience...he will be considered an elite LB in the future...

He was the correct pick at #9...because someone was going to go down...(beas, davis)

#14 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Way to keep the faith there Tony.

KissMyConverse - Keek is just playing better at this point, than Beast was at any point, of the year. Helping slow down the run has had a cascating effect on the D and their confidence has grown because of it. Still miss Gamble though.

Also, with the pressure the Dline is producing the DBs are looking better as well. That, and the keep the play in front of you mentality will should continue make the DBs looking good.

I say this too much, but will say it again. If we can limit the self inflicted wounds, we can be a good team.

#15 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

I actually like this grits alt, hes somewhat positive. Of course if the panthers lose he will shred Cam but still...

#16 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Did I read correctly that they are using Armanti Edwards as Bob-3 in practice this week?

They should use him as Bob-3 in the game this week!

#17 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSacramento
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Way to keep the faith there Tony.

KissMyConverse - Keek is just playing better at this point, than Beast was at any point, of the year. Helping slow down the run has had a cascating effect on the D and their confidence has grown because of it. Still miss Gamble though.

Also, with the pressure the Dline is producing the DBs are looking better as well. That, and the keep the play in front of you mentality will should continue make the DBs looking good.

I say this too much, but will say it again. If we can limit the self inflicted wounds, we can be a good team.

He is playing better then Beason was. Mainly cause Beason rushed back too quickly and was never 100%.....
But I feel like I am cheating on Beason with the way my man crush is quickly developing for Keuchly. Hopefully the Cats can finish strong and Luke has a chance at DROTY.
I mean what GM/Coach wouldn't want to build around Cam/Keuchly?

That and I'll be at the game Sunday and being from Va originally and the national media's love obsession with RG3/ hatred of Cam means I really not only want to win but WIN HUGE

#18 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

He is playing better then Beason was. Mainly cause Beason rushed back too quickly and was never 100%.....
But I feel like I am cheating on Beason with the way my man crush is quickly developing for Keuchly. Hopefully the Cats can finish strong and Luke has a chance at DROTY.
I mean what GM/Coach wouldn't want to build around Cam/Keuchly?

That and I'll be at the game Sunday and being from Va originally and the national media's love obsession with RG3/ hatred of Cam means I really not only want to win but WIN HUGE

Going to be extremely difficult to take MLB away from Keek. Which makes Beasts future a little cloudy. Would hate to lose him. So if he does make it back, it would probably not be at MLB.

DROY is a tough goal for Keek. String some wins together and he may get enough attention to garner some votes. Although he is playing very well at the moment.

Big win against the skins is on my agenda as well. They were the one team my mother used to hate. Everytime the Lions made the playoffs it seemed like the skins were there to knock them back down to earth. So yeah, BEAT THE FUGING SKINS!

#19 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

It just shows that when the middle of your defense is talented...and healthy...it can have a huge impact. Kuechly is a 21 year old rookie? Its scary to think how good he will be in a couple of seasons when he gains more NFL experience...he will be considered an elite LB in the future...

He was the correct pick at #9...because someone was going to go down...(beas, davis)

The whole middle of the defense has gotten Better...Keek, Ron and Dwan, and Godfrey has actually been really steady against the run this year, tackling well

#20 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Get Your! lol

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users