- - - - -

Could Byron Bell be a franchise Left Tackle some day?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

He would be lucky to make the two deep on most teams in the NFL..

Here's a Bell hater!

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,299 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

but I thought Bell sucked his rookie year and won't amount to anything...

where are all the Bell haters?

found one.

#18 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Not a Bell hater. Just realistic. I would love for him to turn out to be great. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. He was not drafted for a reason. He's not very good. I will give him that he is not as awful at being penalized. It sucked so much last year watching him get false start after false start and holding penalties that killed drives. He has also gotten slightly better at blocking, but not much. He has a LONG way to go to be a quality starter.

#19 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Not a Bell hater. Just realistic. I would love for him to turn out to be great. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. He was not drafted for a reason. He's not very good. I will give him that he is not as awful at being penalized. It sucked so much last year watching him get false start after false start and holding penalties that killed drives. He has also gotten slightly better at blocking, but not much. He has a LONG way to go to be a quality starter.

Hahaha you don't watch the Panthers at all do you? Bell has easily been our best offensive linemen this season and has a lot more room to go.

You know absolutely nothing about talent evaluation or the draft if you think the reason he went undrafted is because he sucks. Why don't you go tell Victor Cruz that?

You just want to put a Cock at tackle because you're a raging Cock homer/Bell hater.

#20 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I guess Kurt Warner isn't any good since he wasn't drafted. You know, sometimes it's the fact that players weren't drafted that elevates their game.

Bell does have a long way to go, and if you read my post on the first page, you'll see why his run blocking isn't the best. He's a standing technique blocker. Those are best utilized as LTs, because of their ability to stand up and pass block.

#21 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

No. Bell is ideally suited to the right side, with massive size and wingspan, but he's undrafted. He's a gem of an undrafted, and a pretty solid starter, but so far not good enough to be a franchise anything.

Also: you don't just flip guys from side to side and expect it to work. He's a right side guy, and that's just fine.

#22 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Nah, I say leave him at RT where he's improved a lot this year. lol at the people hanging on to the Bell hate. He has been our best OL this year, even before Kalil went down.

plus I'm still holding onto hope for Campbell being able to take Gross's spot when he's done...

#23 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Bell has been great, the fact that he's not really noticeable this year speaks to how well he's playing.

#24 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hahaha you don't watch the Panthers at all do you? Bell has easily been our best offensive linemen this season and has a lot more room to go.

You know absolutely nothing about talent evaluation or the draft if you think the reason he went undrafted is because he sucks. Why don't you go tell Victor Cruz that?

You just want to put a Cock at tackle because you're a raging Cock homer/Bell hater.

Talk about an overreaction. Yes, I do watch the Panthers. I also disagree with your statement about him being the best offensive lineman. However, even if he was, that's not saying much. The OL is a disaster and it doesn't take much to be the best.

Ok. Tell me about your credentials about scouting talent. Because Victor Cruz was an undrafted free agent and you know that he is good now means that you are a great talent evaluator? OK. Also, show me where I said that if you go undrafted then you are not good. I didn't. Byron Bell DID go undrafted because HE was not very good. With that being said, just because one guy turned out to be a stud after not being drafted does not mean that every guy being drafted will turn out to be great. That is a logical fallacy. For every Victor Cruz, there are hundreds of guys that turn out to be nothing. There are also many who turn out to be adequate, but not great (Byron Bell- as of now). Just because I don't think Bell is a franchise tackle makes me a "Bell hater"? OK...

Also, show me where I even mentioned a Gamecock in my post at all. Please. I beg you. I never brought them up but you did. How does that make me a "raging Cock homer"? If you are referring to my user name then I can tell you why it is GamecockSmitty4: I joined my first message board a few years back and came up with a name. Seeing that it was a Gamecock board, I naturally went with "Gamecock". To set me out from the other "Gamecock"_____'s, I decided to use Smitty (Steve Smith...a Carolina Panther) and the number 4 (my number). When I decided to join this board, I figured I could use the same user name so that I would not have to keep up with several different ones. I didn't realize that my user name would offend so many people and automatically qualify me as a "raging Cock homer/Bell hater". I apologize if I offended you.

#25 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Talk about an overreaction. Yes, I do watch the Panthers. I also disagree with your statement about him being the best offensive lineman. However, even if he was, that's not saying much. The OL is a disaster and it doesn't take much to be the best.

Ok. Tell me about your credentials about scouting talent. Because Victor Cruz was an undrafted free agent and you know that he is good now means that you are a great talent evaluator? OK. Also, show me where I said that if you go undrafted then you are not good. I didn't. Byron Bell DID go undrafted because HE was not very good. With that being said, just because one guy turned out to be a stud after not being drafted does not mean that every guy being drafted will turn out to be great. That is a logical fallacy. For every Victor Cruz, there are hundreds of guys that turn out to be nothing. There are also ma...ny who turn out to be adequate, but not great (Byron Bell- as of now). Just because I don't think Bell is a franchise tackle makes me a "Bell hater"? OK

Also, show me where I even mentioned a Gamecock in my post at all. Please. I beg you. I never brought them up but you did. How does that make me a "raging Cock homer"? If you are referring to my user name then I can tell you why it is GamecockSmitty4: I joined my first message board a few years back and came up with a name. Seeing that it was a Gamecock board, I naturally went with "Gamecock". To set me out from the other "Gamecock"_____'s, I decided to use Smitty (Steve Smith...a Carolina Panther) and the number 4 (my number). When I decided to join this board, I figured I could use the same user name so that I would not have to keep up with several different ones. I didn't realize that my user name would offend so many people and automatically qualify me as a "raging Cock homer/Bell hater". I apologize if I offended you.

The actual question was. Can he SOMEDAY? Not now, cuz that is too soon. But SOMEDAY. You seem to skip right over that fact. But keep up the good work.

#26 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Luke Joeckel with our top 5 pick this year anyone?

I'd really like taking Joeckel if we pull a Rams-Redskins type trade.

Joeckel-Silatolu-Kalil-Bell-Gross

#27 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Luke Joeckel with our top 5 pick this year anyone?

Too early to tell. I have to wait for McShay and that hair guy to tell me who we need.

Although, a Tackle seems to be counterproductive at this time. We still have two. Why waste a first on another?

And, I would prefer our first be a DB with ball hawking skills and the ability to cover and tackle.

#28 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

lol..

I doubt it. Solid depth maybe, but not a franchise guy. I think he will get some competition that will beat him out in FA or the draft.

Plus Gross isn't done yet. Gawd this O-line atm is just so suspect.

#29 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Kinda like Munnerlyn.

#30 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,973 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Kinda like Munnerlyn.

Captain could make a lot of teams as a nickel CB. Not really his fault we are so weak we play him as a #2 CB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com