#61 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

7/8/2010: Signed a four-year, $2.504 million contract. The deal included a $713,840 signing bonus.
2012: $540,000
2013: $575,000
2014: Free Agent

2 career receptions...

... do the math... $1.252M per catch

#62 snewcombe93

snewcombe93

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Armanti is terrible. Everyone wanted him to be a great story like VInce Papali for the Eagles back in the day. He was wide open on busted coverage with a key block by smith. he zigged when he should of zagged and got tackled at the 9 it was a great play. He is a bust and its time the organization realizes it and cut our losses.

#63 leaf

leaf

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

You guys didn't see what happened before the play happened.
It was magical.

Amongst the flashing lights, and roaring crowd,
young Armanti stepped out on the field,
lined up,
and stared hard into the middle of the field.

The Redskin defenders were suddenly startled.
It was like lining up against the Messiah.

"My Gawd, quick change the coverage, cover the middle, cover the middle", the redskin corners screamed.

Armanti's eye twitched. A DT almost jumped offside.

In the stands, 14,000 females simultaneously started ovulating at the site of Armanti lined up with his sleek legs of manly awesomeness ready to explode.

The ball was snapped and well, you know the rest of the story.

#64 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Armanti is terrible. Everyone wanted him to be a great story like VInce Papali for the Eagles back in the day. He was wide open on busted coverage with a key block by smith. he zigged when he should of zagged and got tackled at the 9 it was a great play. He is a bust and its time the organization realizes it and cut our losses.

What do you mean by "cut our losses"? He is on a cheap rookie deal so any guy replacing him will cost as much and most likely not be active on gameday anyway. I do not see any great loss as he is not a wasted spot in terms of practice (actaully he is an asset) and he is capable of filling in on a bunch of spots if someone goes down (not being great but not messing up either).

Bust in term of value for a 2nd rounder? Yes, no doubt

Worth to keep on the team for one spot and a minimum rookie deal? Yes, at least for now.

#65 R0ck0

R0ck0

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

You guys didn't see what happened before the play happened.
It was magical.

Amongst the flashing lights, and roaring crowd,
young Armanti stepped out on the field,
lined up,
and stared hard into the middle of the field.

The Redskin defenders were suddenly startled.
It was like lining up against the Messiah.

"My Gawd, quick change the coverage, cover the middle, cover the middle", the redskin corners screamed.

Armanti's eye twitched. A DT almost jumped offside.

In the stands, 14,000 females simultaneously started ovulating at the site of Armanti lined up with his sleek legs of manly awesomeness ready to explode.

The ball was snapped and well, you know the rest of the story.

Was your middle school closed for Election Day today?

#66 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

First post.......I smell an alt.............perhaps it's someone who got a vacation yesterday and should be getting a deletion today????

#67 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yeah not a bust. 2 catched in three seasons and as fast as he is suppose to be, he gets caught by a safety from the oppisite side of the field.

He was only active since Lefell was out and Gettis has not come off of PUP yet.

#68 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Name another player who has an 82 yard reception and then the following week gets continously called a bust by the fans of his own team. Yep, there aren't any. Perhaps he should have been cut right after he was tackled.

And it was a corner, not a safety.

#69 ScottInStanley

ScottInStanley

Shivagit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

You know what Jared Green (practice squad) has that AE doesnt? A TD reception in an NFL uniform. Just sayin.....

#70 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

You "fans" kill me. For all the crap we give to guys who play poorly, I don't get the hate for a guy--- any guy--- who helps the team win.

#71 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Edwards’s stats as of 3 seasons

Receptions
2 for 92 yards

Passing
3 for 2 for 11 yards

Rushing
2 for 12 yards

Punt return (He was drafted for)
34 for 176 (5.2 yard avg)

Kick Return
4 for 56 (14 yard avg)

Now we can sit here and fight over things like hes not been given enough chances in 3 seasons or hes a project converting from QB to WR and so on.

The facts remain. He has issues with running routes (Although offseason help from Moose has made him better) hes at the bottom of the WR depth chart and will only see playing time like this past Sunday when Lafell was out. Unles he shows the coaches he ready and gets more playing time and takes advantage of it, he will be released this offseason.

Bu the facts remain, his stat sheet for 3 season is that of a 3rd round draft bust! Joe adams is a 4th round pick and in 3 games has more punt return and kick return yards, a higher return average than AE. They also however, have the same amount of fumbles.

#72 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Congratulations on proving my point. Football is a what have you done for me lately sport and this week, AE and others did well to help the team win. If you want to use this as an opportunity to point out his or other folks on the team's shortcomings (in the past)--- knock yourself out. Based on the fact that you spent some time compiling these numbers, putting this player down seems pretty important to you. I'll leave you to wallow in your silliness.

#73 Third Degree

Third Degree

Paging Mr. Biakabutuka

• HUDDLER
  • 4,757 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

He's still got a season and a half to tie Dwayne Jarrett's TD total from his career as a Panther.

#74 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

So 1 play makes this guy "not a bust"? Come on people. There's no reason that poo shouldn't have went for 6. Emmet Smith with the Cardnials would've ran that in. But I digress. If he would have dropped that 1 pass, would he all of a sudden be a bust again? I see it takes little to please some fans.

#75 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,020 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

It was an awesome wheel route that Chud drew up. Protection held up.. So Cam could watch it develop and threw a beautiful strike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com