Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean Payton Contract Voided

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Within the past year, the multiyear contract extension the Saints announced for Sean Payton in September 2011 was voided by the NFL, making the suspended head coach a free agent after this season and casting questions on how long he will remain in New Orleans, according to league sources.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8592214/sean-payton-deal-new-orleans-saints-voided-nfl-sources-say

What this could mean? Could Sean leave the saints? Could the Panthers try and pick him up if Rivera is fired at the end of the season?

I will say safe money is that he stays with the Saints, just because the NFL voided his contract does not mean that he has any intention of going anywhere, I do believe he has a better chance going to Carolina then Dallas(he made a more then subtle slight at Jerry Jones after the Saints won the super bowl but the media doesn't remember that), which I believe is a Dallas fan and national media pipe dream.

thoughts

I think the best we can hope for is he goes somewhere out of the NFCS, he's not going to leave the Saints for the Panthers so forgetaboutit!

Posted

no no no no and no.

Posted

NO!

Posted

Old news.

He won't leave the Saints.

No, I have no use for cheaters anyway.

Posted

Bring him!

Posted

Lulz at people saying no to the cheater. One of the best offensive minds in the game. If he came here you'd slurp him within seconds. That said, it won't happen.

Posted

I could see Jerry Jones going after him. But I doubt he leaves his golden boy Drew.

Posted

I'd rather lose honestly than win by cheating.

Posted

Already posted in NFL central. He will stay in New Orleans where taint like him belongs.

Posted

Why on earth would he ever leave NO?

My guess is he leaves with Brees

Why on earth would he ever leave NO?

My guess is he leaves when Brees is done

Posted

Think he will resign with Saints.

Posted

He lives in Texas. He's going to Dallas

1 person likes this