#16 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,535 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Last night we were in the living room watching tv. Out the front windows we saw headlights, and then heard a bang, and dirt flying to hit the front door and windows. Went out to see what it was, and there was a car in our front yard plowed into the tree.

I checked on the dude, and he was so drunk he could hardly stand. He had no idea what happened and was continuously trying to rev the engine to take off and leave, but was stuck on the tree.

Called the cops, and a sheriff got here. He said the area isn't really his jurisdiction, it falls under the state troopers. So we called the state troopers, and they flat out said no, they wouldn't come, 'trees and bushes aren't considered property so it doesn't matter if he hit one.' We were all dumbfounded by that, even the sheriff.

Sheriff dude said they don't carry breathalizers in their cars, only troopers do, so we couldn't even do that.

The guy was stuck on the tree for about 2 hours while his son and wife tried to tow it off, and eventually they called AAA. He went home without so much as a ticket. Meanwhile if that tree wasn't there I'd have a car in my living room right now.

What podunk ass county do you live in where the Sheriffs don't have breathalizers? Every sheriff and city cop in Watauga county has them, hell even every fuging campus cop has them. I'm almost positive that they all have them here in Brunswick county also.

#17 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,535 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

He said it was a Sheriff, not a cop. Sheriffs are the fat ones that drive around serving warrants and teaching DARE classes. They aren't even supposed to pull people over.

Are you fuging high? Sheriff deputies pull people over all the time.

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Depends on the policy of the county. I have never seen a Forsyth county deputy pull anyone over, but the Winston Salem police do it all the time. On the other hand, Davidson county sheriff's pull people over regularly and even set up road blocks doing license checks and such.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Last night we were in the living room watching tv. Out the front windows we saw headlights, and then heard a bang, and dirt flying to hit the front door and windows. Went out to see what it was, and there was a car in our front yard plowed into the tree.

I checked on the dude, and he was so drunk he could hardly stand. He had no idea what happened and was continuously trying to rev the engine to take off and leave, but was stuck on the tree.

Called the cops, and a sheriff got here. He said the area isn't really his jurisdiction, it falls under the state troopers. So we called the state troopers, and they flat out said no, they wouldn't come, 'trees and bushes aren't considered property so it doesn't matter if he hit one.' We were all dumbfounded by that, even the sheriff.

Sheriff dude said they don't carry breathalizers in their cars, only troopers do, so we couldn't even do that.

The guy was stuck on the tree for about 2 hours while his son and wife tried to tow it off, and eventually they called AAA. He went home without so much as a ticket. Meanwhile if that tree wasn't there I'd have a car in my living room right now.

That does suck. But I guess it depends on the state or the county laws. My neighbors kid got drunk and went through my other neighbors yard and all he did was tear up some grass. The Davidson County sheriffs department arrested him, busted him for DWI and found some pills on him while arresting him, so he got popped for not having prescritions for zane's and some pain pills. And he had to pay to have the yard repaired.

#20 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,535 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

That does suck. But I guess it depends on the state or the county laws. My neighbors kid got drunk and went through my other neighbors yard and all he did was tear up some grass. The Davidson County sheriffs department arrested him, busted him for DWI and found some pills on him while arresting him, so he got popped for not having prescritions for zane's and some pain pills. And he had to pay to have the yard repaired.

So you mean he got charged with felony possession of a controlled substances, as there is no such thing as misdemeanor pill possession charges, especially for pills like Xanax and pain medications.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

So you mean he got charged with felony possession of a controlled substances, as there is no such thing as misdemeanor pill possession charges, especially for pills like Xanax and pain medications.

I didn't say it was a misdemeanor. I said they found some pills, he didn't have a prescription, so they popped him. :)

#22 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Are you fuging high? Sheriff deputies pull people over all the time.

maybe out in the sticks. I stick to urban areas and that poo never happens.

And yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.