• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Who the fug cares what you think about them as people? They're getting the job done and that's all that matters.

Time for the fans to pull their heads of their own asses.

You literally quoted me, acted as if you entirely disagreed with me, and basically made the same point that I made. They're getting it done. That's ultimately what matters. Subjectively, I think Hardy is so incredibly stupid, brash, and frustrating that he comes nowhere close to the class that this organization likes to promote. I look at guys like Al Wallace, Mike Rucker, Mike Minter, Sam Mills, Tyler Brayton and just miss the "good guy" aspect of our defensive line . Peppers even had a great deal of fans and kept his nose clean. Kris Jenkins, while outspoken, was even pretty well behaved here. I think the advent of social media for athletes has opened up a means for these young kids with money to make idiots of themselves in front of the world. Some are smart enough to stay away from it or use it to promote their image and others like Hardy simply use it to show "how they're living", and alienate fans with childish antics and snotty comments.

We do have a lot of really good guys on the defensive side of the ball like Beason, Davis, Luke, Gamble, and others.... but I really wish I could see some personal growth from guys like Hardy and Johnson with the responsibility that they have inherited.

#32 SteveSmithTD89

SteveSmithTD89

• ALL-PRO
  • 631 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

You literally quoted me, acted as if you entirely disagreed with me, and basically made the same point that I made. They're getting it done. That's ultimately what matters. Subjectively, I think Hardy is so incredibly stupid, brash, and frustrating that he comes nowhere close to the class that this organization likes to promote. I look at guys like Al Wallace, Mike Rucker, Mike Minter, Sam Mills, Tyler Brayton and just miss the "good guy" aspect of our defensive line . Peppers even had a great deal of fans and kept his nose clean. Kris Jenkins, while outspoken, was even pretty well behaved here. I think the advent of social media for athletes has opened up a means for these young kids with money to make idiots of themselves in front of the world. Some are smart enough to stay away from it or use it to promote their image and others like Hardy simply use it to show "how they're living", and alienate fans with childish antics and snotty comments.

We do have a lot of really good guys on the defensive side of the ball like Beason, Davis, Luke, Gamble, and others.... but I really wish I could see some personal growth from guys like Hardy and Johnson with the responsibility that they have inherited.

:lolu:

#33 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,304 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

you know that jon beason or someone in his entourage broke a guy's face at a strip club right.

granted it was the infamous greg frye but anything hardy and johnson have done is small potatoes compared to that. i'm sure some people here also remember thomas davis' pit bulls attacking that woman in his neighborhood because he didn't restrain them properly.

#34 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Screw good guys. I want football players.

Okay, so that's a little over the top, but not much. This organization has had too much of a focus on good guys and safe players. Imo, that is one of the reasons we are on the "soft" side. I want to see someone with some fire, especially on the o-line, and could care less if they tweet pictures of shot glasses on their day off.

#35 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,304 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

it's not like we want 11 albert haynesworths lining up on defense or something.

the best teams in carolina history had your "high character" minters and ruckers on defense and your delhommes, hoovers, and grosses on offense but they were also balanced out by what were two quite volatile antiheroes at the time in kris jenkins and steve smith.

#36 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,472 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Tyler Brayton was not a "good guy".

#37 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Ever think maybe they weren't good guys? Maybe perhaps they were just like Hardy except for the fact social media/smart phones weren't ever present when they were 23-27 years old. Placing your "values" on people and calling them pieces of poo is very harsh in my opinion. I mean if you were a person who never did anything stupid when you were younger then perhaps you have a point.

#38 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yup. Wasn't too long ago we were afraid someone might poach Chud.

my brain read this as "punch chode." I'm still afraid of that...

#39 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,718 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

i'd just like to note that anyone who knees jeremy stevens in the dick is a good guy by default

#40 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,304 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

i'd just like to note that anyone who knees jeremy stevens in the dick is a good guy by default

i loved posting this link when stevens was a buc and tampa bay fans would get a little too feisty with their "steve smith is a thug" accusations:

http://en.wikipedia....#Legal_troubles

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

THIS.
You can tell something set in and got him on track. He seems more focused now..

Oh, and I fuging love the fact that he's a headcase. A PRODUCTIVE headcase. I mean, look at John Randle...he used to smear the paint on his face as well..You see, I think people like Hardy and John see the game in a different light than most of the others do these days. It isn't a "game". It's a battle...and the black smears on their face isn't to block out the sun. It's warpaint.

a productive headcase going against a nearly 40 year old QB with a neck that is barely keeping his body attached to his head.

this could get ugly.

#42 themikestrick

themikestrick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSmithfield, NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Where's he gonna go?

The Texans didn't think Mario Williams was going to go anywhere either. But Buffalo threw a ton of money at him. I'm not saying that Hardy is anywhere near as good as Williams yet but some team out there will have money to spend after next year.

#43 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I think he is a leader. Leader of enforcers rather. I don;'t think he likes clean cut, nice guy football, and I don't think he likes looking up to leadership that A) does not back it up on the field, and B) does not have a mean streak. This guy has authentic "hardness' in him and his play is more akin to a wild animal than a polished, fundamentally strong playmaker. So now that Beason is out of the way I think we are seeing the more pure form of Greg Hardy football.

#44 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

No sht at making the pro bowl

#45 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

He probably talked to a financial planner and that's why he's playing so much better. Dude has a Bentley on a sixth round contract. You don't buy a $120K+ car when you are bringing home probably around $700K. Dude needs that second contract to fund the lifestyle he's become accustomed to.

The fug? That's a sign and not a good one. Well hopefully he keeps playing at a high level. His monetary decisions and plans for life after football are all on him. I know he went to that rookie symposium. Edit: Who am I to question the Kraken? I don't want to get tentacle raped, so forget I said that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com