Jump to content

- - - - -

Need Advice on my Car

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#25 tarheelpride


    Logic is optional

  • Joined: 24-November 08
  • posts: 2,922
  • Reputation: 33

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I don't know what your credit looks like but if the numbers seen in this thread hold true you could probably go in and trade it now and use the difference for your down payment and probably not have to come out of pocket for anything. The closer you get to the end of the year the better the deals are going to get as they try to pump up their numbers.

Also, with a new car you are eligible for their special financing offers that rarely are extended to used cars.

Credit and trade value are going to be what "drive" a new deal.

My credit is pretty decent and I bet I could cut that interest rate by a lot. As I said previously, I wouldn't be able to do anything until February at the earliest and I want to be more financially secure before I do a trade-in. However, I would love to do a trade-in and get another car.

#26 thefuzz


    coppin a feel

  • Joined: 12-December 08
  • posts: 9,456
  • Reputation: 1,588

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Good lord.

Don't go get a new car. It's stupid to look at the interest rate only when thinking of this purchase. If you can get it refinanced for less months and keep the payment the same, do it. Otherwise just pay extra every month.

Just keep paying on the car, and you won't be upside down in it.

If you want to be upside down, go get a new car, 40% of the value will be lost within 18 months of signing.