Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentucky Down to 15

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

"I would have liked to have played and helped, but with coach leaving, sometimes it just happens that way," Williams said.

This guy is the one who is bitter...

I do find it interesting that Calipari was believed to be out of town when all this happened..so he got his asst. coaches to do his dirty work for him??

Posted · Report post

This guy is the one who is bitter...

I do find it interesting that Calipari was believed to be out of town when all this happened..so he got his asst. coaches to do his dirty work for him??

In the guys defense, I would be pretty pissed too. The University made a commitment to him when they decided to allow him to represent their University. I'm sure he's worked his butt off for however long he's been there to better himself as a student and as an athlete, which in turn reflects, most likely, positively on the school.

And if Calipari did have his assistants kick these guys off the team, then that sure says a lot about him.

Posted · Report post

"I appreciate Coach Calipari and the staff being truthful with me," Stewart said in a statement. "I want to further my career both academically and athletically at a school where more playing time is available. I know that coach will do anything possible to find a great situation for me."

Stewart had some rocky moments under former coach Billy Gillispie. At one point he quit the team after playing only three minutes against South Carolina, then reconsidered and was allowed to return only after Gillispie met with the team about it.

*shrug*

Posted · Report post

I'm sure he's worked his butt off for however long he's been there to better himself as a student and as an athlete, which in turn reflects, most likely, positively on the school.

Why are you sure about that?

Posted · Report post

Because it would support his stance :)

Posted · Report post

Since I don't follow Kentucky basketball and was unsure about the player in question, I was just assuming he would have been fulfilling the requirements that would be required of a player with a high division I scholarship.

Now it's possible that he could've had a terrible work ethic and never went to class, but I try to never assume anything bad about someone unless given a reason to.

Posted · Report post

In Cals defense tho...If that class were coming to NCSU I wouldn't bat an eye at taking a scholarship from some of the guys who haven't positively contributed to the team. It isn't as if you qualify for a scholarship as a HS senior then can loaf, not improve, and expect to hold off a more talented player...

Posted · Report post

In Cals defense tho...If that class were coming to NCSU I wouldn't bat an eye at taking a scholarship from some of the guys who haven't positively contributed to the team. It isn't as if you qualify for a scholarship as a HS senior then can loaf, not improve, and expect to hold off a more talented player...

Exactly. There are a ton of students who would love to have the free rides these guys get. The ones who sit on the end of the bench really shouldn't bitch. Now if it's a guy who has worked his ass off to come back from an injury or something like that, then I agree...shame on the coach. But not in this situation.

Posted · Report post

So waiver wires are OK for anybody but UNC? You guys have ragged Butch Davis from the start about some of the players he's ditched, all the while ignoring the same situations at your school.

Posted · Report post

So waiver wires are OK for anybody but UNC? You guys have ragged Butch Davis from the start about some of the players he's ditched, all the while ignoring the same situations at your school.

I don't blame Butch Davis for doing anything that he does...he needs to make that program better. Does it look bad in the public eye? Definitely. But its a necessary evil...

Posted · Report post

In the fine print of every NCAA scholarship is a notation that a grant-in-aid is a one-year contract that is renewable or nonrenewable based on the whim of the school that issues it.