Photo
- - - - -

No doubt about it, we should now tank for a good draft pick.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I'm guessing if you asked the incoming GM / coach whether they would prefer to have a few spots lower in the draft or an existing team full of players who have to be brought out of a losing culture that was made even worse by throwing half a season they would take the lower pick every time.

Throwing seasons for draft picks happens in video games and movies. There are so many reasons it's a bad idea in real life.

The primary one being these guys don't play in a vacuum. They're being evaluated.

Heard a couple of former players asked about the idea of tanking a season recently. They found the whole idea ridiculous. They pointed out that both players and coaches are trying to save their jobs for the following season. And the idea that a whole team and owner would be "in on it" is laughable especially given that some guys know they won't be here next season.

Bottom Line: It doesn't happen. Nor should it.

#50 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

I think it is a bad idea and a real crappy thing to do.

That being said. Colts did it last year. I have no doubt about it. 2010 had a pretty solid team with Manning running the offense and defense was good. 2011 Manning is out and the defense disappeared. Now they got their new Franchise QB and all of a sudden the defense is good again.

TANKED NO DOUBT ABOUT IT..