• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#46 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

so every QB in the league besides newton, wilson, vick, and rg3 run the west coast offense?

...because those are the only ones in the league that take 3+ seconds to execute from snap to release.

T/F:

Andy Dalton in our scheme, with our coaching and players would deliver the ball faster and with better results than Cam Newton

#47 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Most pro QBs say differently. 12 inches is open.

It's not open when the pressure is in your face immediately and you're running for your life.

Just sayin'. A guy who is "open" to a QB standing in a clean pocket probably won't be seen by a guy who's running for his life as soon as the ball is snapped. Our OL was god awful today. Cam wasn't good, but they were awful.

#48 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

really if you look at that list and don't understand that four "running quarterbacks" are going to have a longer snap to release time then lol

#49 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

T/F:

Andy Dalton in our scheme, with our coaching and players would deliver the ball faster and with better results than Cam Newton

F

Most likely, he'd already be on IR.

#50 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

T/F:

dalton would be useless in our scheme. maybe a little better than clausen.

#51 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,334 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Most pro QBs say differently. 12 inches is open.

And how many times a game are they asked to attempt that throw? And let's not pretend Cam can't hit a twelve inch window, because he certainly can. But you can't ask him to take that throw every single time he drops back. The vast majority of successful offenses give their quarterbacks safe, easy throws either through play action or short screens. We don't use our running backs for crap so we have no play action, and we don't have the receivers that can make a short pass offense worthwhile.

A well-designed offense allows the quarterback to already know who the open guy will be before the snap. We don't allow Cam to audible, and the routes take too long for him to read who the open guy is before the rush gets there. There is a decisive mismatch between the offensive talent and the scheme and it has destroyed our season and is crushing our young QB.

#52 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,334 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Cam Newton was put under duress, hit or sacked on 19 of his 45 dropbacks (42.2 pct) in Sunday's game. That's the highest single-game percentage and total for Newton this season, and the highest number of dropbacks under pressure the Broncos defense has forced in a game this season. Newton was sacked seven times, tied for fourth most in a game this season, and finished 1-of-9 for 8 yards and an interception when under duress.

END OF DISCUSSION

#53 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

We have sank to a new low.

Look, Cam has a nice press conference. I guess you take hope where you can get it.

#54 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

really if you look at that list and don't understand that four "running quarterbacks" are going to have a longer snap to release time then lol

you see 4 running QBs, i see 4 QBs who are struggling with reads.

even as a seasoned veteran, vick has admitted he still has to work on his progressions and reading defenses.

#55 Shonuff

Shonuff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

you see 4 running QBs, i see 4 QBs who are struggling with reads.

even as a seasoned veteran, vick has admitted he still has to work on his progressions and reading defenses.

I don't think Cam is struggling with reads, the offensive (read mumbo jumbo) doens't work against a speady exact defense like that....no way..Chud had the secret formula on the TD drive and just decides to abandoned it....it's really shocking to me.

#56 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

I don't think Cam is struggling with reads, the offensive (read mumbo jumbo) doens't work against a speady exact defense like that....no way..Chud had the secret formula on the TD drive and just decides to abandoned it....it's really shocking to me.

people keep wanting to blame the read option....it'll be refreshing when people realize that most of the read option they think they see now is simply him in the shotgun formation with a back in for protection.

#57 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Like hell it is. Just because Aaron Rodgers can make those passes once or twice a game doesn't mean that is the kind of scheme you live on. Look at the Saints or Patriots offenses. They're designed on either isolating all-world talents like Graham and Gronk, or getting someone else like Welker or Sproles running in space. They don't attempt a hundred seam-splitting throws a game, that's a recipe for disaster. This offense doesn't have an overwhelming physical specimen and completely misuses its receivers in space. It should be a hard-running play action offense and the fact that its not shows how stupid the coaching staff is.

....KNOWLEDGE!!!

#58 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

T/F:

T/F:

Dalton has more picks than Cam...he gets bailed out often on horrific throws that go to a real top 3 WR.

In this scheme, he would take more sacks than Cam and throw more picks

#59 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Do you guys actually watch other QB's play? especially the "elite".

Tom Brady top ten all time, king of the dump off, folds under good D-Line pressure

Aaron Rodgers during almost undefeated season, great at mid range pinpoint throws, destroyed by horrible team with a great pass rush.

There are others, but you get the point.

honorable mention- Jay Cutler, rocket arm, has top ten reciever this year, plays HORRIBLE under pressure

#60 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

people keep wanting to blame the read option....it'll be refreshing when people realize that most of the read option they think they see now is simply him in the shotgun formation with a back in for protection.

True.

We aren't running the zone read anymore. When we run from the shotgun, even if Cam sells a fake, it is a true handoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com