#46 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,448 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I wish we could hire an awesome new coach and demote Rivera to DC/ass. head coach. Not sure how much he'd like that but the defensive success lately is due to him. It started right after he said he would take over control of the defense. He has been one of the best DCs in the league for a while. I'd see if he'd be willing to do that and not take a pay cut at all. Same pay, but just focus on defense.

#47 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

I wish we could hire an awesome new coach and demote Rivera to DC/ass. head coach. Not sure how much he'd like that but the defensive success lately is due to him. It started right after he said he would take over control of the defense. He has been one of the best DCs in the league for a while. I'd see if he'd be willing to do that and not take a pay cut at all. Same pay, but just focus on defense.

He took over the last drive of the Bears game that lost us the game... what are you talking about? Rivera/Chud/McDermott all need to GTFO

#48 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

I find it hard to believe that most of you on hear question who is responsible for our D's improvement.

go ahead and say it with me...........Ron Rivera. Give the man the credit he deserves.

come on guys, he is working wonders with the D..........while rushing only 4.

our defense has kept us in these games

#49 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Since we don't know how much input Rivera has on McDermott's defense, I think it would be easier if we just got rid of both.

#50 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,664 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Let's not forget that we were ahead at the end of the Bears game and the D was unable to make adjustments to stop them from marching down the field.

I support McD sticking around until the new GM puts his stuff in place. Maybe even as interim HC.

#51 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

It'll be up to the head coach on if he wants McDermott to stay or not (unless said HC wants to focus on offense and give full control to a select DC, maybe Sean, ala Reid with Jim Johnson).

#52 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

McDermott is a good DC who needed the personnel to run it. I told everyone he needed a good pass rush and good linebacker play. He got it this year when Kuechly came on board and Davis exceeded all expectations and is playing very solidly. Add to that the Edwards brothers who are big reasons that Johnson and Hardy have looked so good and you have 2 solid unit. The fact that RR had a good influence is great, because Mc Dermott can continue to learn and improve. But getting rid of him would be crazy.

#53 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

I find it hard to believe that most of you on hear question who is responsible for our D's improvement.

go ahead and say it with me...........Ron Rivera. Give the man the credit he deserves.

come on guys, he is working wonders with the D..........while rushing only 4.

our defense has kept us in these games

Our defense has kept us in the game but I would like to see someone who actually knows who is running the show, Mcdermott or Rivera. Seems what what I see, McDermott is calling all the schemes and coverages on game day. I don't know if Rivera is working any wonders. Blame the success of our front four on a blitzing scheme with much improved tackle play.

#54 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Our defense has kept us in the game but I would like to see someone who actually knows who is running the show, Mcdermott or Rivera. Seems what what I see, McDermott is calling all the schemes and coverages on game day. I don't know if Rivera is working any wonders. Blame the success of our front four on a blitzing scheme with much improved tackle play.

DL coach also deserves some credit.

#55 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,638 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

DL coach also deserves some credit.

Yep. Along with the hated Marty Hurney for getting Ron Edwards cheap in 2011 and Dwan Edwards this year. The interior of the line has done a great job getting pressure up the middle so quarterbacks can't step up and allowing the DEs to not have to crash into the middle to shore up the crappy tackle play and poor linebacker play like last year.

#56 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

yeah our defense is so great it has gotten us a 2-7 record.

fantastic.

#57 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

The defense has improved a great deal this year despite key injuries.

Over the past 5 weeks they are a top 10 defense.

Do we want to completely break up that scheme and unit and risk having an awful defense again?

If we keep McDermott would that help keep some continuity on the defense?

You definitely KEEP McDemott... When James Anderson is saying that its his defense with "some input here or there than McDermott obviously is the reason for. Their Success.

That's it... That's all I got. Information from a player on our defense, straight from his mouth.

#58 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

yeah our defense is so great it has gotten us a 2-7 record.

fantastic.

You also probably think that 2+2= 5.... Your opinion means nothing when u make comments like that.

#59 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

There always is the possibility a new DC can pick up the pieces, run with what we have, and make the unit even better. It's not always doom and gloom and a Rivera/McDonut scheme can't be the only one that works for us. Look at the 49ers when they're new coaching staff came in. The new DC took that unit from just 13th overall to 4th overall, defensively.

The talent is there for us, apparently, if we are top 10 right now. Now, unless the new staff coming in acts like the current one, there's no reason to believe they won't look back at what's been working for us and play off that.

I know we've been burned a lot lately when it comes to coaching, but we have to stop being insecure with our prospects.

#60 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

People will want this Job... So if we want to Keep McDerrmott we can...

Interview question for potential Head Coaches: We really like what McD did last year for our defense and have decided we want to keep him around. Will this effect you ability to produce results X, Y Z? How will you incorporate McD into your plan for this team? Is there any reason you will not be able to work with McD do satisfy our goals.

How the candidates answer those questions will factor into the decision, and when they accept the job they would have already agreed to work with the resources left over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com