#31 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Bout time you came out the closet as a player fan and not a team fan

Page 3! One more W than the Camolina Panthers have!

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

None of those guys were all the tak though. We had other guys like Pep, Jenkins, Smitty, Double Trouble who got just as much if not more attention than those guys on the board. Now with Cam half those guys arent thought of. Cam has made our team a bunch of backup singers.

disagree.

clausen got just as many threads and discussions going on about him. same with jake when things were bad.

the QB is always the main topic of discussion, esp. when the team is losing and the QB is part of the problem (whether it's his fault or not).

#33 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,255 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I get what KT is saying. Yes most quarterbacks are talked about, but unfortunately most of our fanbase just likes to tear ours down. If the whole team performs and executes well and our QB had a good game, it's crickets in here for the whole week. If the team struggles, it's time to get rid of Cam again.

Yesterday we had that abortion of a thread about selling tickets and not even watching Panther games, yet we wonder why we have so many idiotic fans and half witted losers patrolling this board just looking to cause a stir with people that actually have intelligent thoughts about the team.

#34 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

None of those guys were all the tak though.

were you here for the Delhomme years?

#35 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

It pretty much boils down to this...

Cam Newton is sucking ass this year. KT knows it. KT is mad. So he creates a thread about Cam getting positive/negative threads made about him.

KT is fuging mad. A now he has started crying.

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Panthers are a one phase team- Defense.

O sucks
ST sucks

2-8 sucks

#37 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

cam is playing badly and he's making bad throws and bad decisions...but he's also put in bad situations, has had bad playcalling and bad coaching altogether.

he's growing but he's not getting the support he needs...that doesn't take away from him making his own share of mistakes.

only a few of the regular trolls (and a few new ones) are throwing this all on newton. most recognize that it's just a clusterf*ck all around on this team.

#38 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

I get what KT is saying. Yes most quarterbacks are talked about, but unfortunately most of our fanbase just likes to tear ours down. If the whole team performs and executes well and our QB had a good game, it's crickets in here for the whole week. If the team struggles, it's time to get rid of Cam again.

Yesterday we had that abortion of a thread about selling tickets and not even watching Panther games, yet we wonder why we have so many idiotic fans and half witted losers patrolling this board just looking to cause a stir with people that actually have intelligent thoughts about the team.

Agreed.

You can say the same for KT though.

Cam plays absolutely stellar...he is nowhere to be found.

Can plays like poo, and you get this gem of a thread.

#39 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Greg Olsen is the best offensive player on this team, so sure..

The same Olsen with all the 3rd down drops? And the one that can't block?

#40 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

KT you won't win with these fuging idiots. I'm hoping Cam does leave because I certainly want to come back and poo on these sorry fans

#41 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

lol

most of the forum: "the whole team is screwing up. the OL. the coaching staff. the receivers. the RBs. the QB."

then come cam's protectors: "YOU CAN'T BE CRITICIZING CAM!!!!!!"

"but...we're not laying it all on him. we're just acknowledging that he has issues just like everyone else."

"NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN"T BE CRITICIZING CAM!!! THIS FANBASE SUCKS!!!!!!!!"

#42 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

This place reminds me of broncoscountry at the low point of the The Golden Calf of Bristol era.

#43 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

What Rayzor said.

Cam's the face of the franchise and our QB. Of course we're gonna talk about him more than Hardy and Nakamura.

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,931 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Can't really see the point in this thread either, KT. In general, I feel that people paint you with a brush dipped in stereotypes and preconceived notions, but, I dare say, this thread seems like a classic troll thread.

Cam is discussed here, rightly or wrongly, because he is at the center of the perfect storm. We don't know whether he plays the main part in our demise on offense, or whether it's Chud, Rivera, or all three. Or, perhaps it's the FO who failed to inject purposeful players into a purposeful plan on offense in order to maximize Cam's potential. Who Knows? But Cam is the focal point, as well he should be, in my opinion. QBs can go a long way to make a sucky team appear average (or even great on occasion), but a bad and/or inexperienced HC and OC can bankrupt most QBs' potential for success, and thereby the entire team's success. But, at the same time, if the QB can't actually execute the plays, then he can make a great HC or OC look like poo. This is the puzzle that Panthers fans are trying to figure out, because this is the situation that we are in---a situation that is exacerbated by the overall newness of the staff and young players at key positions who may have been thrust onto the field before they were really ready. Moreover, this same situation has been magnified by what some considered marginal and unexpected "success" last year, that apparently was not a harbinger of success this year. So we are just trying to figure it all out, which is natural.

BTW, the national media has proven time again that they don't know poo about Panthers, so of course they are going to mostly discuss the face of the franchise, the "entertainer and icon" wannabe, after the aforementioned "success" of his rookie season.
Be serious! What else are they going to talk about? But, on the Huddle, there are many other discussions as proven by the poo loads of threads that appear every week, including threads about Kuechly, Johnson, Hardy, Norman, Smitty, Olsen, etc. The Huddle is never ever a one-trick pony, which is why it's so much better than the national media.

#45 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Panthers are basically Cam and backup singers. I wouldnt get too emotinally attached to anyone on this roster not named Cam.

I never once said "why are people talking about our QB so much", I said who else is worth discussing? Apparently no one, as Zod nor anyone else has answered that question.

I'd wager Luke Kuechly will be on this team longer than Cam will at this point. I'd wager Luke Kuechly is light years better at his position than Cam Newton is at his. I'd also wager that no one talks about Luke Kuechly because he quietly gets his job done every single week without being polarizing to opposing teams and media.

He is very much worth discussing. Why doesn't he get discussed on here? Because threads about him start with him kicking ass and end with him kicking ass. There is no argument. Same goes for Thomas Davis. There is no argument. It used to be an argument against paying him with 3 robo knees but now you can see that talk has died down because he is producing at an extremely high level.

Listen, I like Cam. I like him a lot. As soon as we picked him I bought the most expensive authentic Cam jersey from the Panthers official site, though I'd only bought the mid-tier ones for every player up to that point. I like Cam so much that I flew to Arizona last year specifically so I could say I was at Cam's first NFL game. My mom does amateur photography and lives in Glendale and she came with me and I asked her specifically to take pictures of Cam's first NFL snap, which she subsequently had turned into a mousepad for my office so I'd have it all the time. So I don't want to hear any racist bullshit coming from you about Cam, so don't even go down that road with me.

The fact is Cam destroyed the world last year, but this year he has regressed. Yes the scheme sucks. Yes, the offensive line is terrible. Yes, the receivers aren't always getting open. But CAM fuging NEWTON has regressed in his play as well. I hope to god it's just a slump, and I think it truly is and he'll come back guns blazing over the next few years. But he has gotten worse instead of better this year, and that you can't argue.

Cam gets talked about so much on here because he is polarizing and he is the QB. Nothing more. Certainly not because he is the only one worth talking about. And the fact that you force people into positions where they find themselves rooting against Cam as fans just so they can stick it to you, means you are the problem, not everyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.