Photo
- - - - -

Breaking down the Panthers offensive performance(article)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Very good article/review written by Jonathan Jones. Btw, Chud seems like a arrogant prick.

http://www.charlotte...-breaking.html#

#2 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Just about every team in the NFL adjusts depending on what the defense shows pre-snap. Not us. Chud's offense is so potent that he runs his plays no matter what the defense shows.

smfh

#3 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Just about every team in the NFL adjusts depending on what the defense shows pre-snap. Not us. Chud's offense is so potent that he runs his plays no matter what the defense shows.

smfh

So if Cam sees an running blitz he can't even change it, Chud obviously thinks his plays will work no matter what.

#4 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Nope all cam's fault

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Decent article, but it's not much we didn't already know is it?

I continue to have the distinct impression that the coaches don't trust Cam... is it just me?

#6 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Chud vs Del Rio, not hard to guess who was going to win that one.

#7 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

I continue to have the distinct impression that the coaches don't trust Cam... is it just me?

This is the way that I have been leaning all year.

Everyone wants to call out Chud, and while I don't like what I see out of him this year, I think that he is having to deal with a not so good O Line, and a regressing QB.

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Everyone wants to call out Chud, and while I don't like what I see out of him this year, I think that he is having to deal with a not so good O Line, and a regressing QB.

...but is Cam regressing because of the system and playcalling, or is the system and playcalling regressing because of Cam?

I think that Chud tried to get tricky and changed what we were doing last year and it backfired, and now that the O line is hurt and playing poorly, it's affecting Cam more and more, and now it's a feedback loop of crappiness.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I posted Pete Prisco on how the option was killing Cam's mechanics, so is that Cam's fault or Chuds?

How about that timing route near our own end zone vs the Bears? Who called that? We as fans are not the only ones calling out Chud many analysts and reporters are as well. Only eight carries for Stewart vs the Broncos? Who's fault is that?

#10 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Only problem I had with that article is it states early on that in Week 10 (vs Denver) we abandoned the read-option. I still feel I saw more of it and shotgun plays than I wanted to.

#11 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

This just has been what I'm feeling all year. Our OC has been handicapping our QB. Also the personal department left our line real thin.

#12 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Only problem I had with that article is it states early on that in Week 10 (vs Denver) we abandoned the read-option. I still feel I saw more of it and shotgun plays than I wanted to.

too many people mistake the shotgun formation for the read option.

#13 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I agree 100%. And it's not just Chud. That is the m.o. of this staff.

Perhaps you remember a thread from a few weeks ago about the root cause of Rivera's problems. He consistently coaches in a manner that says he does not trust the players. Some of the examples included not letting Medlock try a 50 yarder to end the half, and the way we kept giving Chicago the ball around the 40 on kickoffs because we had no confidence in our guys' ability to cover. This has been a recurring theme throughout this staff's tenure. They feel they have to protect the players from themselves.

Treat the players like children (no, not literally but in the level of trust) and they will play accordingly.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

i think rivera trusts chud and chud trusts only chud.

that's the problem.

#15 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I cant believe this is actually happening, wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com