41 replies to this topic

#31 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

I messed around with a Wii U in a local store. It's very nice. Better than XBOX or PS3 in my opinion. However not so much better that I would drop all that money on it if I already had the others. Still, It has free online play and from what I gather they didn't lock the games to your system so the used game market is fair play for the Wii U generation. That may not be the case for the 720 and PS4

#32 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I think if you've had a ninty console before, you should already know what you're getting.

Stong suits will be the best first party games in the market, unique gameplay, and party type games that are hilarious when drunk.

3rd party support will be weak, online infra will probably behind the others and so will the specs.

I will wait until after xmas I think.

#33 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,454 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I played Call of Duty on it. It was great..... not your sons Nintendo.

#34 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

stupid double post...

#35 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm fairly happy with mine so far. I wasted most of today playing Scribblenauts.

The tech with the gamepad has been fun so far and feels less gimmicky than the Wii/Kinect/Move. I can't wait to see what new functionality comes with it.

#36 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

I just can't get around that huge clunky controller. The Wii was a gimmick but a fun gimmick, I just don't see this being that popular. From what I've seen it's an overpriced 360 with less games and a gimmick controller. Nintendo should really just stick to the handheld market and work on making some actually interesting games for those instead of a metric fug ton of kiddie poo that no one is interested in.

#37 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

I just can't get around that huge clunky controller. The Wii was a gimmick but a fun gimmick, I just don't see this being that popular. From what I've seen it's an overpriced 360 with less games and a gimmick controller. Nintendo should really just stick to the handheld market and work on making some actually interesting games for those instead of a metric fug ton of kiddie poo that no one is interested in.

The controller is not really clunky at all. I have no problems holding it with my left hand and using the stylus with my right and I've not seen anymore gaming fatigue after multiple hours playing than I would with the 360 or PS3. It won't be replacing my 360 but the first-party and exclusive titles have been fun so far. It probably will become my go to streaming media device because of the controller though.

#38 adub2b23

adub2b23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Personally I think the 360 controller is a bit clunky. But I haven't tried the WiiU

#39 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Me and the kids played on one at GameStop the other day. The controller is surprisingly light and doesn't feel odd in your hand at all. My 5 year old had no problems with it.

#40 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Personally I think the 360 controller is a bit clunky. But I haven't tried the WiiU

Posted Image

#41 adub2b23

adub2b23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

The only thing better about an xbox controller are the triggers. The RB/LB design is retarded imo. But to each their own.

#42 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

The only thing better about an xbox controller are the triggers. The RB/LB design is retarded imo. But to each their own.

What controller is better then? Pretty much every controller out now has almost exactly the same bumper buttons...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.