#1 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

http://thyblackman.c...d-unemployment/

Unemployed Black Woman Pretends to Be White, Job Prospects Dramatically Increase

After being unemployed for two years, Yolanda Spivey decided to attempt an experiment. An insurance professional, Spivey created a separate Monster.com resume and profile—which used her education and professional experience—with one big difference, she called herself Bianca White and claimed she was a white woman.

e:link changed

Edited by Sheikh Zula, 20 November 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#2 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

You don't have to fill out your race on applications. There is a law for that. Also this anecdote proves nothing and cannot be confirmed. For all we know she's lying and made the whole thing up.

The bigger problem is capitalism. Somebody has to be unemployed in a capitalist country and in a multicultural capitalist country, there will be discrepancies between races.

Keep in mind that Jews and Asians have even lower unemployment rates than whites. Also Jews and Asians have lower crime rates, a higher likelihood to have advanced degrees and make more money on average.

So I guess white people should be given a job even if Asians and Jews are more qualified?

The real reason Asians and Jews are so wealthy is because they have strong communities. Their parents enforce high standards in behavior and education and they maintain strong networking within their race. Instead of looking for government intervention, blacks should do the same.

#3 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,476 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

You don't have to fill out your race on applications.

Not everyone is applying to McDonald's where you can just submit an app without an interview or in person meeting.

#4 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

ATTN: ALL PAULBOTS

1. RP's dead. Find a new racist to rally behind.
2. This would indeed be "just an anecdote" if there weren't already numerous scientific studies that came to the same exact conclusion. We already know that this is still the case in America.
3. This isn't about merits, this is about the same applicants with the same resumes with one getting a disproportionate amount of preferential treatment.

RONPAUL2016

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,849 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

the big banks i have worked out go out of their way to hire minorities. in fact, many senior leader's bonuses are tied to "diversity". but some of you don't want to hear that.

there was an experiment done many years ago with applicants and their looks. not race but good looking over bad. guess who got more job offers.

biases are aplenty. skin color isn't alone in that category.

#6 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

She should've documented this.

#7 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

You don't have to fill out your race on applications. There is a law for that. Also this anecdote proves nothing and cannot be confirmed. For all we know she's lying and made the whole thing up.

The bigger problem is capitalism. Somebody has to be unemployed in a capitalist country and in a multicultural capitalist country, there will be discrepancies between races.

Keep in mind that Jews and Asians have even lower unemployment rates than whites. Also Jews and Asians have lower crime rates, a higher likelihood to have advanced degrees and make more money on average.

So I guess white people should be given a job even if Asians and Jews are more qualified?

The real reason Asians and Jews are so wealthy is because they have strong communities. Their parents enforce high standards in behavior and education and they maintain strong networking within their race. Instead of looking for government intervention, blacks should do the same.

Somehow I knew you would be one of the first to respond....thanks for making me right, I won five dollars

#8 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

ATTN: ALL PAULBOTS

1. RP's dead. Find a new racist to rally behind.
2. This would indeed be "just an anecdote" if there weren't already numerous scientific studies that came to the same exact conclusion. We already know that this is still the case in America.
3. This isn't about merits, this is about the same applicants with the same resumes with one getting a disproportionate amount of preferential treatment.

RONPAUL2016

Posted Image

#9 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,547 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

I believe this is the first I've ever heard of anyone being hired through monster.com

#10 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Anyone that doubts that racism is alive and flourishing in this country need look no further than the tinderbox thread entitled Recognize anyone in this database? .

These little angels are the apple of someone's eye. Their parents clearly keep these kids well fed and supply them with a computer and internet service.

I don’t doubt for a minute that many of these parents have good paying jobs that require them to make hiring decisions.

Any guess where these kids got their racist attitudes from?

How confident would you feel of being evaluated fairly during the interview process by one of these kid's parents?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com