Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Hostess

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Swiss Rolls over Twinkies every day of the week!

Damn right!!! I love those things!!! :stuff:

Posted

less competition for me to worry about :)

Posted

I have never purchased a Little Debbie or Hostess product in my life.

I bet you have bought some of their other products.

The Irving, Texas, company has 565 distribution centers and 570 bakery outlet stores, as well as the 33 bakeries. Its brands include Wonder, Nature's Pride, Dolly Madison, Drake's, Butternut, Home Pride and Merita, but it is probably best known for Twinkies -- basically a cream-filled sponge cake.

"Time to nut up or shut up!" Classic!

Posted

Yeah, never had a Twinkie either.

Posted

Posted

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/relax-twinkies-likely-live-1C7121954

Hoarding now going on! Where wil it end! Anyone remember Coke 2? I'll admit that when I heard that Coke was going to quit making original Coke, I went out and bought as many bottles and cans as I could find! I wasn't going to drink no stinking Coke 2! Only Original Coke was good enough for me! As for Pepsi, I'd rather lick my cat's butt! (Of course now, all I drink is Dt Dew.)

Only hours after the news broke, stories and photos began surfacing of cleaned-out grocery shelves across the country as fans made a run on Twinkies and other Hostess products. Spokespeople from Wal-Mart and Kroger had no comment as to whether the retailers were prepared for a potential onslaught of would-be stockpilers. NBC News correspondent Mara Schiavocampo purchased a “lifetime supply” of Twinkies, saying, “they are my single favorite junk food indulgence.”

I can't say that I'll be harding Twinkies anytime soon though.

Posted

10 boxes of twinkles for sale on eBay for a paltry 1.5 million.