Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye Rivera

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera does need to go, but for the same reason we should have fired Fox instead of letting him ride out his lame duck season, it sends a message to the locker room that mediocrity is acceptable. We are still recovering from that mindset and allowing this to continue only further cements that notion in some players' heads. Just as players need to be held accountable, so does Rivera. When players fail to get the job done they are taken off the field and benched (i.e. Joe Adams), the same needs to be said for the coaches, if they aren't getting the job done then why continue putting them out on the field?

Posted

He should have been canned within 2 minutes of the GW TD

Posted

There is no way Richardson fires him right now without a GM. He'll coach til the season ends and I say we have more scapegoats like Chud before Ron.

Posted

Good teams know how to win and bad teams know how to lose. We are a bad team. I do not even blame the players. We have the players to win ball games. It is the coaching and it starts with Rivera.

Posted

I believe Chud is next up. Rivera will make it until the end of the season...

Posted

I believe Chud is next up. Rivera will make it until the end of the season...

At least the heat will get a little closer

Posted

Panthers.com lists Rivera press conference at Noon, as usual. So once again, unlikely he's out.

I guess people can keep posting this every time we lose if you want. Maybe one of these times you'll be right.

Wouldn't necessarily bet on anybody else being fired today either.