#1 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,670 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

There are losses, there are bad losses and this team has seen its share of bad losses. But there are also losses so bad and so deeply painful they have long term effects on the team and the fans.

This loss should mean the end of Rivera's coaching career in Charlotte.

It will likely mean the end of a lot of fans showing up for the remaining games. Tickets will be dirt cheap, if not free, for the last couple home games.

Wouldn't surprise me if a couple players announce their retirements at the end of the season. Couple guys some might not expect...

The Panthers may not win another game this year, the hangover of this one too much to overcome.

Still looking for an identity, still searching for answers following the last epic loss (Arizona playoff game), the last 3 1/2 minutes of this game marked the beginning of the end of the latest version of the Carolina Panthers.

#2 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

nothing will change til after the season man.

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

only thing that could possibly be epic about any of this is if we hire some guy that takes us to the superbowl the first year.

till then this is just another loss by another failed panthers team by another failed HC.

#4 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,670 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

nothing will change til after the season man.

Didn't say it was going to happen tomorrow, man. Just said it has happened and will happen.

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Eh, it's like nearly every loss this team has the past two seasons. It's so expected that they don't bother me like they used to. It's not worth getting upset over to me. I look toward to whatever changes are necessary to get rid of the losing culture.

#6 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,746 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Get rid of the guy.http://www.change.org/petitions/the-employment-of-ron-rivera-as-head-coach-of-the-carolina-panthers-fire-the-entire-staff-2

#7 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Dude, we have a good young team.

We have some awesome rookies and some great vets on the defensive side of the ball.

On those last drives......... TB decided to pick on the Rook's and there wasn't much we could do about it.

#8 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Rivera's gig was up as soon as JR fired Hurney. He would've had to pull off miracles to have been retained by the new GM. He's pulled off miracles alright... miracles for our opponents.

#9 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

It reminds me of a time period I had, a few years ago, playing hold'em. Id get my money in on the best hand, only to take a bad beat on the river. It happened at an uncanny level. This is on that level. Even when you think they got game won, in the back of your mind, you know somehow, they're going to lose. Then BAM!

#10 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,746 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yep time to hang em up Gross.

#11 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,670 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Dude, we have a good young team.

We have some awesome rookies and some great vets on the defensive side of the ball.

On those last drives......... TB decided to pick on the Rook's and there wasn't much we could do about it.

Dude, there is nothing "good" about this team- they've won 2 games.

What "awesome rookies?" The DB's on this team are starting in the NFL because they're on the Panthers. They wouldn't be starting anywhere else in the league.

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

dagger in the heart, for the team as well as the fans.

#13 OBXPantha

OBXPantha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I honestly don't blame the defense. TB should not of even had a last drive. It is the offensive play calling that gave them the ball back.

#14 Guest_shitposting_*

Guest_shitposting_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

It reminds me of a time period I had, a few years ago, playing hold'em. Id get my money in on the best hand, only to take a bad beat on the river. It happened at an uncanny level. This is on that level. Even when you think they got game won, in the back of your mind, you know somehow, they're going to lose. Then BAM!

You didn't bet agressive enough, and to add Rivera didn't play agressive enough and instead sat on another lead.

#15 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

There are losses, there are bad losses and this team has seen its share of bad losses. But there are also losses so bad and so deeply painful they have long term effects on the team and the fans.

This loss should mean the end of Rivera's coaching career in Charlotte.

It will likely mean the end of a lot of fans showing up for the remaining games. Tickets will be dirt cheap, if not free, for the last couple home games.

Wouldn't surprise me if a couple players announce their retirements at the end of the season. Couple guys some might not expect...

The Panthers may not win another game this year, the hangover of this one too much to overcome.

Still looking for an identity, still searching for answers following the last epic loss (Arizona playoff game), the last 3 1/2 minutes of this game marked the beginning of the end of the latest version of the Carolina Panthers.

Hate to break it to you..... everything you said was already there. The stadium was very empty today with TONS of people just trying to unload extra's, tickets were all over dirt cheap if not free. They havent had an identity all season, etc. AND ......the Panthers are way past bad losses. Sadly, I wasnt even angry at this one, because I and so many other fans are just numb to it. I would have been more angry if they werent already 2-7 and this hasnt occured like 100x's.

I am not agrueing with you cause I agree with everything you said. For me this all occured a week or two ago, if not longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com