Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your top HC Candidates

203 posts in this topic

Posted

My top 3

1) Andy Reid, he's a top 5 coach in the NFL and he's going to get fired at the end of the season by Philly. Prior experience with McDermott means he may stay and Reid is a better OC then anyone we could get.

2) Jack Del Rio, his stay with the Jags he was never terrible or great but his biggest issue was he had no QB the entire time he was there. If Del Rio comes to Carolina he would have a QB and if we can Get Mike Williams from the Steelers through FA he will have all the offensive power he could ask for.

3)Bill Cowher, the one coach I would love to have the most, issue is I doubt he would want to come here. But I can Dream can't I?

Posted

mike mccoy?

really?

lol

toooooooo funny.

guy goes from telling QBs to throw footballs into a trash can in practice (which is about the extent of what he did for QB development here) to the role of "OC" for a team that had josh mcdaniels running the offense to a john fox team where mcD just threw up his hands and let The Golden Calf of Bristol just do his thing and then a peyton manning led offense.

tell me why in the world would ANYONE think that mccoy could be successful coach?

1 person likes this

Posted

McCoy helped Delhomme make the pro bowl. Just sayin'... ;)

Posted

McCoy helped Delhomme make the pro bowl. Just sayin'... ;)

Shame on you.

Just SHAME.

3 people like this

Posted

I want Ray Horton. There, I said it!

Posted

I don't think David Shaw will ever leave Stanford..

Posted

I want to check back with Cowher to see if he'd be interested. Gruden, I like him fine, just not as HC for the Panthers. Oh yeah, sign this petition to fire Rivera:

Spam ONE more time.

Dare ya :)

Posted

My List:

1. Chip Kelly (Oregon)

2. Chris Peterson (Boise St.)

3. Jon Gruden (ESPN, Former Coach)

4. Brian Kelly (Notre Dame)

5. Gary Patterson (TCU)

Every few years the NFL changes their trend of hiring either former/retired NFL head coaches's, up & coming NFL coordinators, or bringing in college coaches. I think the coaching turnover that will occur at the end of this season will continue along the trend of college coaches due to the success that Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, & Schiano are seeing with their respective teams this season.

Posted

As to some of the candidates mentioned...

Mike McCoy? No. That's Peyton's offense. Not his.

Want a guy who knows the pro game and knows it well, so none of the college names interest me.

I see Bruce Arians producing some positives out in Colt-land, but I'd have to be talked into that one.

Big "h--l no" to anybody with the last name of 'Ryan'.

Not a fan of Andy Reid, but even if I were I'd say the man needs a year off (and is in a good position to take one).

To Cowher, Gruden and any other retread, no. Ditto anyone from the current staff.

Josh McDaniels? Good grief no! He was lousy before, and the Belichick coaching tree has Dutch Elm Disease.

Could see Perry Fewell getting a look, but he's not my top choice. There are other options I could see getting a look, but not the job.

Pretty much the only guy who piques my interest is Mike Zimmer.

Thoughts on Tom Clements?

Posted

Thoughts on Tom Clements?

Not the one to look at in GB, that would be Winston Moss

Posted

I don't think David Shaw will ever leave Stanford..

23833300.jpg

Posted

23833300.jpg

Yeah? With what money?