Panthersguru14 - 2013 NFL MOCK Draft v3.0
Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 PM
perfect offseason 3.0
-Restructure Jon Beasons contract because of injury the past two years and put him at WLB
-Restructure D Will contract
-Pick up Jairus Byrd in free agency
-Pick up Dwayne Bowe in free agency.
-Hire offensive coordinator that runs a west coast style offense who will use our backfield like San Fran does.
I think we will be picking 10-15 (all projections are based off of CBS Sports rankings)
1st round Jon Jenkins DT Georgia 6-3 358lbs
We need a replacement for Ron and Jon Jenkins can be that run stuffing gap filler. Also picking Jon could help extend Ron's career.
2nd round CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State
If he falls this far it would be wonderful and between him and Norman we could shore up the secondary for a while.
4th round Xavier Nixon OT Florida 6-5 314lbs
Once again from a good school and plays tackle and could push Bell back inside to guard. And hopefully would be good enough to take over for Gross when he retires.
5th round Dominique Easley DT Florida 6-2 280 lbs
He would have time to develop behind Dwon Edwards for a couple of years before he had to play a full time role and we could have a tandem at DT for a long time with Jon Jenkins and Easley.
5th round Joseph Fauria TE UCLA 6-7 255lbs
Fauria is a receiving TE and with his height could prove to be a great red zone threat for Cam.
6th round Lerentee McCray OLB Florida 6-2 249lbs
Always can use LB depth especially with the injuries in recent years.
7th round Travis Johnson DE San Jose State 6-3 245
Always can use pass rushers so why not take a fly on one late. Although undersized maybe with some time and bulk he could be a good rotational guy.
-I feel with the addition of Byrd then we can pick up enough pieces on defense to be consistent year in and year out.
-Picking up bowe will give this offense another weapon and make it more consistent especially in the redzone.
-Bowe can be gotten for cheaper considering he really wants out of Kansas City.
-These changes/draft prospects give us both depth and the ability to be an annual competitor.
-If you don't like the mock remember I am just projecting the best players based on where we might draft and positions of need.
- Icege PIE'd this
Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:25 PM
-I wouldn't mind Jenkins in the top10-15 if both Star and Hankins are gone.
-I dnt know if we'll have money to pursue both Byrd and Bowe.
-I like Rhodes. He may be the 2nd best cb in this draft.
-I also like Nixon but "please" can we just keep Bell at RT. please!
Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:38 AM
Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:10 AM
- I think Bowe is a good WR, but I wouldn't want us to be the team that pays him the money he's gonna want. Some team will, though.
- The coaching staff needs a clean sweep. None of them deserves to stay. The only ones I might consider would be the D-line coach and secondary coach. I almost want to say McDermott has earned a chance to continue, but I half believe the defense's turnaround is thanks to Rivera, not McDermott, and Rivera has been so GD wretched as a HC his effect on the defense should absolutely not save his job. The defense's falling apart at the end of games, getting soft, has Rivera's stink all over it.
- I'm not a big fan of Jenkins. I also don't think we'll be picking that low. After today's game, the only games I can see us possibly winning are Philly, Oakland and KC. I'd give us a 50-50 against Philly and Oakland and a 75-25 against KC. So I think we'll end up 4-12 or at best 5-11. That'd probably put is in the #4-8 range. In that range, I'd much rather get Star or Hankins. If they're both gone and there's no way to trade down, I'd go for Milliner or Joeckel at this point.
- If we're able to get a DT in the 1st (again, preferrably Star or Hankins), I'd go with BPA of: WR (Woods, Patterson, Rodgers, T. Williams), OG/OT (Cooper, B. Jones, Fluker), FS (Amerson, McDonald, few others that I'm not sure if they fit FS or SS) or CB (Rhodes, Amerson, Byndom, Trufant). Positions are in preferred priority.
- If we get Milliner I'd go with BPA of: DT (Short, Jesse Williams, Sylvester Williams) or one of the WR or OL mentioned in the last bullet.
- If we get Joeckel I'd go with BPA of: DT, WR, FS, CB mentioned in the last two bullets.
I don't dislike your mock, and you're going in the general direction I'd go, I just don't care for John Jenkins.
Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:16 AM
Bowe is really Overrated and he's gonna want a big contract.
He may not want a big contract as long as he can get out of KC. Kind of like how Tolbert came to us instead of san diego when San Diego offered more money
Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:51 AM
I'm beginning to think that OT is as big a need as DT. Announcers threw out a stat yesterday that we haven't had a 100 yard rusher from a back in over a year means that our OLine isn't very good. That's my opinion.
So I guess I'd take the BPA from those two positions in the first round and take the other in the second depending on who comes out.
Hopefully we'll have the option to take either Star, Hankins or Joeckel. If not Milliner, Jones, Mingo, Moore or Lewan would probably be the BPA.
Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:38 PM
We're on track for a top 5 pick.
Draft OG rather than HOPING Bell can move inside, which everyone is obsessed with.
Agree that Bowe is overrated. Even KC fans are fed up with him.
I like the draft overall though.
Really. If we need a RG, let us draft one instead of taking a OT and "moving Bell to RG".
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users