Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNCrules2187

Rivera Presser - 11/19/12

98 posts in this topic

And all you need to do to find the flaws in that line of reasoning is look to New Orleans.

They couldn't get their poo together until Vitt (a.k.a. Sean Payton's right hand) got off his suspension. Even with all of the "Brees is a coach on the field and he will not let them come apart" talk.

Now who do you think is so in tune with Rivera's game planning and game day philosophy that they could pull it off without looking like a prep squad?

When it comes to the Saints, there's no question not having a great coach on the sidelines hurt them this year. Yet we are not losing a thing if we got rid of Rivera. Put McDermott(spelling) in. I'm sure he could do just as good a job as Rivera. Offensively, get rid of Chud and let Shula takeover. (A guy who has experience as OC) This is as easy as pie.

The Saints offense wasn't a problem. They still put up points without their HC. Defense is what messed them up, and truth be told, they would have struggled on that side of the ball with Payton on the sidelines. Yet ultimately, none of that matters here. We are still losing. We still look like we don't know what's going on with Rivera on the field. There won't be a difference without him. Almost the whole country don't even know Rivera exists anyway. Besides, look at the Colts situation. No one expected anything from them, and their coach is not on the sidelines.

Damn...was really hoping Chud would be fired

Can you imagine Rivera coming up to Cam with a straight face and trying to give him a speech along Matthias' lines?

Rivera: "We're benching you because we know Derek Anderson isn't good, and know that you are better than him, but I don't believe our offensive coordinator can get his head out of his ass, so it's not your fault, but we are starting Derek Anderson."

Cam: "But coach, why wouldn't you just either work with your OC on a different gameplan, or just get rid of him altogether? "

Rivera: But we're protecting you for your own good...ummmm....(trails off)

1 person likes this

Can you imagine Rivera coming up to Cam with a straight face and trying to give him a speech along Matthias' lines?

Rivera: "We're benching you because we know Derek Anderson isn't good, and know that you are better than him, but I don't believe our offensive coordinator can get his head out of his ass, so it's not your fault, but we are starting Derek Anderson."

Cam: "But coach, why wouldn't you just either work with your OC on a different gameplan, or just get rid of him altogether? "

JR going up to the team and doing what mathias suggested and just firing rivera with no replacement.

JR: "well guys, i fired rivera because of that petition that more than 75 people signed saying i should.

team: "so who's going to take over?"

JR: "does it matter? you're grown ups. you have a playbook. go coach yourself."

Rivera is in league with Chud. These two are tag team partners, the "new age outlaws". They are one and the same when it comes to this offense. I say if Rivera and Chud will be here for the rest of the season, I want DA to start. If we fired Chud and Rivera today, you bet Cam is our starter.

Rivera and Chud's attitudes are astounding. Yet yall seem to think they will change, and let Cam run the pro style vertical offense. (Similar to how Derek ran it in Cleveland during his pro bowl year. The same year Jamal Lewis ran for over a thousand yards. No read option involved!) So no longer do I think they will change in how they handle Cam, because as they say what the definition of insanity is.....

JR going up to the team and doing what mathias suggested and just firing rivera with no replacement.

JR: "well guys, i fired rivera because of that petition that more than 75 people signed saying i should.

Tell me again the benefit of having lame duck Rivera in there?

What makes you think the players give a fug about RR?

As a matter of fact, I would bet that they don't have any faith in his abilities whatsoever.

Shula would take over, not that hard of a question to answer actually.

Because it worked out so well with Fox!

tell me again how it makes things better by firing rivera with no clear plan for his replacement?

What makes you think the players give a fug about RR?

As a matter of fact, I would bet that they don't have any faith in his abilities whatsoever.

Shula would take over, not that hard of a question to answer actually.

ummm....don't know if they do or not. at this point i don't care one way or the other. what would make shula a decent replacement other than 1) he isn't rivera and 2) his last name is shula? and no...neither one of those choices are allowed because they are both irrational/illogical.

tell me again how it makes things better by firing rivera with no clear plan for his replacement?

ummm....don't know if they do or not. at this point i don't care one way or the other. what would make shula a decent replacement other than 1) he isn't rivera and 2) his last name is shula? and no...neither one of those choices are allowed because they are both irrational/illogical.

If you give Shula a chance you have the ability to evaluate someone who MAY be good.

If you stick with Rivera you are sticking with someone you KNOW sucks.

Not too complicated.

If you give Shula a chance you have the ability to evaluate someone who MAY be good.

If you stick with Rivera you are sticking with someone you KNOW sucks.

Not too complicated.

Quick, name an interim coach who took over a team, impressed enough to stick around as a head coach, and then went on to have a successful run.

Quick, name an interim coach who took over a team, impressed enough to stick around as a head coach, and then went on to have a successful run.

Successful run as in becoming the new head coach of the team the following year? All we need right now, is for Rivera to get out of town. That is it. No one expects the interim to be the next official coach.