Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here concerned with Cam's future (next year)?

114 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1353349532' post='2008190']
Yes. Nothing is off the table at this point. I'd hate to see it personally.
[/quote]

You really think so?

I just don't see who we would bring in here, be it a veteran like Jason Campbell or Mark Sanchez or even having the pick of the litter of Barkley, Geno Smith, etc. who is going to have a higher upside than Cam or even come close.

It would be a horrible business move to move on from the guy who had the greatest rookie season of all time just a yea rremoved from that season, I think.

I think any GM brought in should be brought in with the condition of "you are going to build around cam newton, every piece he will need you will go out and acquire".

I think it works in Cam's favor that Accorsi is heading up this search. Think about it, and I only know this because I married into a Giants family but they all thought nothing of Eli Manning when Accorsi was there. They wanted Eli burned at the stake in 2005, 2006. Even the tail end of 2007, there were SERIOUS concerns with Eli's play. You think Cam has bad days? Eli would show up some games and would go 15 of 45, or throw 4 INT's. There was talk he couldn't play in the meadowlands because of the wind. His mechanics were bad. But Accorsi NEVER wavered on Eli. Eli goes on to win that Superbowl at the end of the 2007 season, the rest is history. I think Accorsi is of that stance with Newton; that's just my opinion. But I don't think Accorsi would dump on Newton. I think he knows and has told Richardson that something special exists here with our QB and he's going to bring in a guy who builds around Newton.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1353350214' post='2008219']
Huh? No one was trying to pass the articles off as a definitive statement that Cam WILL be traded, only that he COULD be traded, which is exactly what the articles speculate.
[/quote]

Thank you. My reading comprehension is fine.

Posted · Report post

To the contrary, every GM and Head Coach prospect will be drooling over the possibility of having Cam as the franchise QB .
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherTrain84' timestamp='1353350087' post='2008213']
Here is the smart thing to do. No you dont trade him because there isnt a QB worth taking in the1st round. Bit what you do is draft a QB in the 3rd round or so, that way if Cam struggles we can see what else we have
[/quote]

This would be a concern too.

Last thing we need is another QB staring over Cam's shoulder or talk of "competition". That is death for a QB a lot of times. Not what fans want to hear but it is true. The old saying goes "when you have two QB's, you actually have zero". It's mostly true. Anderson or Clausen is perfect in the back up role as long as Cam is durable. 3rd rounder needs to be for other areas. Get Cam a weapon with a pick like that.

Posted · Report post

what? who would we get in his place? matt fuging barkley?

Posted · Report post

you telling me a staff can't come in and build a team that can win with cam newton?
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

this shouldnt even be a discussion... cam isnt going anywhere, and i cant only count 2 other young QBs with as much upside as cam. Cam will be the reason we get good prospects for HC and GM

Posted · Report post

Of course Cam will be here next season. Florio is a genius... in making something trend. He, Skip Bayless, Steven A Smith, Cowhered, hell even Rush Limbaugh know how to sucker people in.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hell no. Cam is not going anywhere and in no right mind coach or GM will try to get rid of him. Cam will be the reason to which we could land a highly named GM and HC.

I saw Florio post like two weeks ago. He was saying something in the sort of dont rule out Cam being traded or whatever bc we a seen it before. His examaple: Denver Broncos and how McDaniel came in and traded away his best two players Cutler and Marshall.

Thats a very poor and stupid comparison. Why? Look what happened to McDaniel. Fired in what 2 seasons? Cutler and Marshall are having fun while the HC who threw them out is lucky enough to be back with his former team. McDaniel would probably still be coaching he hadn't traded away Cutler and Marshall.

Any smart HC and GM wouldn't want to repeat that idiotic move again. Florio is a retard.

Posted · Report post

Here is the smart thing to do. No you dont trade him because there isnt a QB worth taking in the1st round. Bit what you do is draft a QB in the 3rd round or so, that way if Cam struggles we can see what else we have
[/quote]

Oh lord, here we go again.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1353350374' post='2008224']
To the contrary, every GM and Head Coach prospect will be drooling over the possibility of having Cam as the franchise QB .
[/quote]

Exactly. You think Jeff Fisher decided to go with St. Louis over Miami because the Rams had won a Super Bowl more recently? The Rams had a QB, the Fins at that time didn't.

I guarantee you that after Rivera's firing a lot of coaches are going to be throwing their hats in the ring for a chance to ride Cam's coattails.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

First we dont have a 3rd.
And why do you want us to be the Eagles (Vick and Nick Foles) in 2013.

Drafting a QB in the 3rd? Is only going to make the media jobs easier asking to bench Cam
1 person likes this