Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple questions about some of the reffereeing yesterday

24 posts in this topic

Posted

A good example of a holding call that would get waved off would be a case where a player falls down while being actively blocked. From one angle it could appear that he was pulled down while another might reveal that the O-Linemen didn't do anything wrong, the Def player just fell.

In our case it looked more like our guy was hamming it up a bit to make a borderline block look like a hold. What I saw on the replay would have been a pretty ticky-tak holding call.

Posted

and for the record...I believe Doug Martin scored too.

Posted

Officiating*

Posted

A few of you need to take off your tin foil hats.

Posted

and for the record...I believe Doug Martin scored too.

I think he scored as well.....but they couldn't overturn it without the visual evidence. bad call on the field....but they were right in not overturning it.

Posted

Honestly...how hard is it to put a wire in football lining to track forward progress with respect to side view?

It's near impossible to see when a player crosses the goalline in those inches/goal situations. At least you'd have the graphical interface to contrast to elbows/knees that you might be able to see.

Posted

Am I the only one that thought it looked like V Jax bobbled the ball a little on his TD that tied it? The camera angle that showed his front made it seem like the ball was moving while he was cradling it as he almost hit the goal post.

Posted

Honestly...how hard is it to put a wire in football lining to track forward progress with respect to side view?

It's near impossible to see when a player crosses the goalline in those inches/goal situations. At least you'd have the graphical interface to contrast to elbows/knees that you might be able to see.

It's pretty tough when you're concerned with the durability of the sensor or its impact on the weight and balance of the ball. Add those concerns with the fact that you would create a detector that could cast a detection zone no wider than the stripe on the ground up to say 10 feet and detect the sensor in the tip of the ball to within a half an inch and its getting kind of tricky.

Posted

I was wondering about the Steve Smith pass interference were the Bucs initially declined it which would have gave us a TD, but they didn't know that so they were able to change their mind.

Are you allowed to change your mind?

Posted

I dont know how they didin call the low hit on cam on smith"s pi call. That should of been offsetting penalities and a td.

Posted

I dont know how they didin call the low hit on cam on smith"s pi call. That should of been offsetting penalities and a td.

Offsetting penalties would've resulted in a replay of the down.

Posted

Yeah your right, my bad. Still another chance to score would be better then medlock fg chances