Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanksgiving

41 posts in this topic

Posted

My brother has been slaying them in the 40lb. range. Just caught a 57lb. 2 days ago. The weather looks like it should cooperate, so I am hoping for a good day. I'll post some pics if we do well.

that'll be a blast... i've been thinking about getting on a party boat the last few weeks, just haven't had the chance.

Posted

We go to Dan's father's side of the family for a tradional wholesome t'giving. Prior to the blessing we all state what we are most thankful for. We play games, cards and if the weather is nice we go outside to play football. After we leave there we go over to my parents house. They are the black sheep of my family. We sit around and watch TV and watch them as they try not to start fighting and cursing at each other because one of the boundaries we set was we will not tolerate fighting and cursing or else we will leave. They usually last about an hour, them we go.

1 person likes this

Posted

We go to Dan's father's side of the family for a tradional wholesome t'giving. Prior to the blessing we all state what we are most thankful for. We play games, cards and if the weather is nice we go outside to play football. After we leave there we go over to my parents house. They are the black sheep of my family. We sit around and watch TV and watch them as they try not to start fighting and cursing at each other because one of the boundaries we set was we will not tolerate fighting and cursing or else we will leave. They usually last about an hour, them we go.

What's Thanksgiving without the discomfort of watching two old men argue with each other over something that happened in 1955......Good times, can't wait........ahhhh your relatives just brings a smile to your face......

Posted

What's Thanksgiving without the discomfort of watching two old men argue with each other over something that happened in 1955......Good times, can't wait........ahhhh your relatives just brings a smile to your face......

...aaaaaand this is why we go to my dad's side of the family and not my mom's. I don't really want to visit the white trash palace and hear all about deer huntin' and coon dogs.

Posted

Deer hunting and coon dogs go together like peas and carrots.

Posted

Will head to Topsail.

Fry a Turkey, eat some oysters, fish a bit, and drink a lot.

Overall a chill couple of days.

1 person likes this

Posted

Deer hunting and coon dogs go together like peas and carrots.

32458d1348424493-please-help-new-guy-block-ga-z77x-up5-th-forrest-gump.jpg

Posted

i saw "corn dogs," then read "coon dogs" then spent a solid 5 seconds trying to figure out who would make a corn dog out of a coon...

stupid brain.

1 person likes this

Posted

i saw "corn dogs," then read "coon dogs" then spent a solid 5 seconds trying to figure out who would make a corn dog out of a coon...

stupid brain.

You ain't never had a corn coon dog?

Posted

anything's good on a stick!

Posted

Visiting the folks - typical Thanksgiving. They like to eat around 7:45, so I could be passed out from Bloody Marys by then.

Plan to go out to Montford on Wednesday though - Karaoke anyone?

Posted

...aaaaaand this is why we go to my dad's side of the family and not my mom's. I don't really want to visit the white trash palace and hear all about deer huntin' and coon dogs.

Oh, and at my moms, they will be serving meat they won at the turkey shoot and they will bring out the special wine in the box and drink lord calvert & coke instead of drinking beer. They have a 500" tv in the living room of their singlewide and it sits on top of one of those pretend fireplaces. We get to go through that "Hey y'all, lemme show you mah new gun".