50 replies to this topic

#1 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Lmaoo Alex Smith got benched. Next time you diss Cam Newton you better keep your job boy.
Back on topic hes was picked 1st ovr and is benched in favor of a dual threat QB pieces coming together?

#2 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

As much as I love cam smith has been the better passer this year, and was only benched because of his unlucky circumstances, not poor play

#3 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

It is hilarious.

Newton is leading a two win team but getting outplayed by the second string QB of the niners. Just outstandingly funny. It's like everything that Smith said was spot on....

This forum is flooded with stupidity

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

If Harbaugh has really benched him in favor of Kaepernick then he's not as bright a coach as I thought. Yes, Colin killed the Bears. . .at home. . .when they have had almost no film on him. . .and Gore was running wild. . .

Smith did nothing to lose the job, and if Kaepernick struggles there's going to be some heat in the locker room over a player losing his job just because of injury.

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Alex Smith is supportive of Colin Kaepernick's success, even if the second-year pro takes Smith's starting job as 49ers quarterback.
''If you can't be happy for your teammate's success you're playing the wrong sport. Go play tennis or golf or something,'' Smith said Wednesday. ''That's ridiculous, I think. That doesn't belong in team sports, in my opinion. It's the quarterback position. It gets a lot of attention. We're going to get talked about.''
Smith plans to fight for his job once he is fully healthy, and he had yet to be medically cleared Wednesday after missing Monday night's 32-7 rout of the Bears recovering from a concussion.
Yet coach Jim Harbaugh said that once Smith is available, the QB for the NFC West-leading Niners (7-2-1) could change week to week, and even during the course of a game. Harbaugh gave no indication when he would select his No. 1 for Sunday's game at New Orleans (5-5).
''People are probably drooling all over themselves because they have something to talk about,'' Harbaugh said. ''We'll let it play out. I wouldn't expect an announcement today or any timeline on that. We'll get that to you.''

Is there definate info out there Smith is benched based on performance?

http://sports.yahoo....57708--nfl.html

#6 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Smith is Captain Checkdown. He's a product of Harbaugh's offense. Kaepernick made throws on Monday night that Smith can't dream of making. I'm surprised they're making the move in the middle of a great season, but Kaepernick is without question the better talent.

#7 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Smith is Captain Checkdown. He's a product of Harbaugh's offense. Kaepernick made throws on Monday night that Smith can't dream of making. I'm surprised they're making the move in the middle of a great season, but Kaepernick is without question the better talent.

I remember thinking the same about Matt Moore vs Jake Delhomme.

#8 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Is there definate info out there Smith is benched based on performance?

http://sports.yahoo....57708--nfl.html

"It's unclear whether Smith has been medically cleared to return, but the source said Harbaugh informed him that the decision was not health-related."

http://sportsillustr...t2_a2&eref=sihp

#9 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

If this backfires, this could be the 1st mistake Harbaugh has made leading this team.
Guess we'll see.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,775 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

he's injured

you usually 'bench' your injured guys when they're injured

#11 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

The 49ers just benched the previous NFC offensive player of the week, a guy who is completing 70% of his passes this year, went 18/19 against Arizona two weeks ago and a 157 passer rating, took his team to a 6-2 record, after going 13-3 last year and ending up in the NFC championship game while beating our divisional rivals, the Saints, in spectacular fashion.....all to get just a little bit better.

If only our FO would have the same balls and sense to do the same with Newton I would personally buy an entire stack of beautiful, and plush Carolina Panthers towels and deliver them to Cam to keep him busy on the bench...right next to Pickles where they can both hide under them and play Angry Birds on their iPhones.

#12 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

The 49ers just benched the previous NFC offensive player of the week, a guy who is completing 70% of his passes this year, went 18/19 against Arizona two weeks ago and a 153 passer rating, took his team to a 6-2 record, after going 13-3 last year and ending up in the NFC championship game while beating our divisional rivals, the Saints, in spectacular fashion.....all to get just a little bit better.

If only our FO would have the same balls and sense to do the same with Newton I would personally buy an entire stack of beautiful, and plush Carolina Panthers towels and deliver them to Cam to keep him busy on the bench...right next to Pickles where they can both hide under them and play Angry Birds on their iPhones.

I hope your turkey burns.

#13 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

I hope your turkey burns.

I'm feeling generous. I'd buy you a towel too so you can wipe your tears.

#14 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

The 49ers just benched the previous NFC offensive player of the week, a guy who is completing 70% of his passes this year, went 18/19 against Arizona two weeks ago and a 153 passer rating, took his team to a 6-2 record, after going 13-3 last year and ending up in the NFC championship game while beating our divisional rivals, the Saints, in spectacular fashion.....all to get just a little bit better.

I sense much hate in you...

And Cam doesn't hang out with pickles lets be serious

#15 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm feeling generous. I'd buy you a towel too so you can wipe your tears.

That response is incongruous with my retort. But what more can I expect from a troll?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com