Photo
- - - - -

What Happens if DeAngelo Williams is Cut or Traded?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I don't think they would need to do anything. The key to a running game is a good line anyway. With a stronger line you can plug in any young fearless guy. Sort of.

#17 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,452 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

If we have a better Offensive Coordinator next year, it will be different. Who knows, we might ACTUALLY use our RB's! But yes we do need to fix our OL.

we have been using our running backs. and they've been getting stuffed behind a terrible offensive line play after play, forcing us to pass, allowing defenses to put us in 3rd in long and predict our aerial attacks, forcing punts, and thereby allowing less opportunities for those running backs to get touches and look like they're being used.

fix the offensive line and our backs will get all the touches they want.

#18 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,294 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

We'll take a hellova cap hit and we have no cap elbow room as it is do to our past resident idiot, Marty Hurney.
Plus we wont have DWill's services which, if utilized correctly are very effective.

#19 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Yea, but the money DeAngelo makes though... even with new coaching staff, I don't think it will matter.

That's true as well, fug hurney lol

#20 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

We'll take a hellova cap hit and we have no cap elbow room as it is do to our past resident idiot, Marty Hurney.
Plus we wont have DWill's services which, if utilized correctly are very effective.

cut him after june 1st to help ease the pain.

and how do you utilize a rb correctly? or incorrectly?

#21 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Were not getting rid of deangelo and they will thrive next season when someone comes in and utilizes our strengths

#22 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

we have been using our running backs. and they've been getting stuffed behind a terrible offensive line play after play, forcing us to pass, allowing defenses to put us in 3rd in long and predict our aerial attacks, forcing punts, and thereby allowing less opportunities for those running backs to get touches and look like they're being used.

fix the offensive line and our backs will get all the touches they want.

This has a lot to do with it! But hopefully with Kalil coming back and a new RG the line will return to a strength. LT could be a huge need soon though.

#23 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

DeAngelo is a quality RB, but the OLine just can't seem to create the gaps for us to gain running yards. Either how, the FO has a big decision to make. First priority should be fixing the OLine, and get an extra WR, second priority should be extra defensive strenght.
Can we do that with some restructured contracts & cuts, and keep DeAngelo...then why not improve our running and passing game?

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

i'm too lazy to look it up and my brain hasn't engaged yet, but at when can williams contract be dumped without penalty?

#25 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

We don't need D-Lo, although I've been a fan since he got here. I hope we can get something for him, but cold reality says he's probably going to be cut. We've got Stewart, Tolbert, and all we need is another guy like A Smith or Poole to step up.

We will be leaner and meaner without D-Lo. It is fine for him to go. I just don't see us doing anything else but releasing him.

I don't think he will be restructured because the next GM + HC are not going to feel the need for three premiere backs. It just doesn't make sense when what we need is help at WR, OL, DB, DL and probably depth at LB.

Hopefully the new regime will understand the passing trends of the modern NFL.

#26 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

We don't need D-Lo, although I've been a fan since he got here. I hope we can get something for him, but cold reality says he's probably going to be cut. We've got Stewart, Tolbert, and all we need is another guy like A Smith or Poole to step up.

We will be leaner and meaner without D-Lo. It is fine for him to go. I just don't see us doing anything else but releasing him.

I don't think he will be restructured because the next GM + HC are not going to feel the need for three premiere backs. It just doesn't make sense when what we need is help at WR, OL, DB, DL and probably depth at LB.

Hopefully the new regime will understand the passing trends of the modern NFL.

Yeah, because this one doesn't pass the ball enough..............

#27 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, because this one doesn't pass the ball enough..............

well, it didn't this last week. we played the top run defense but the worst pass defense in the league and we decide to commit to the run. made perfect sense....esp. announcing to the world that you're going to do just that. full on moron coaching.

#28 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

well, it didn't this last week. we played the top run defense but the worst pass defense in the league and we decide to commit to the run. made perfect sense....esp. announcing to the world that you're going to do just that. full on moron coaching.

I didn't mind the run game being a big part of the O. Our Oline is playing bad right now. Running the ball helps keep Cam upright. I just wish we would do some bootlegs...that poo pisses me off. It could help so much.

But overall they throw the ball quiet a bit. And sometimes at the worst possible times.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

We save some cap space.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I didn't mind the run game being a big part of the O. Our Oline is playing bad right now. Running the ball helps keep Cam upright. I just wish we would do some bootlegs...that poo pisses me off. It could help so much.

But overall they throw the ball quiet a bit. And sometimes at the worst possible times.

they threw the ball 29 times vs. freeman throwing 46 times.

oh yeah, we ran the ball 34 times. 2.9 yards per carry. we ran the ball too much. rarely it wasn't at the worst possible time because of the D we were facing.

it was a crappy gameplan against a weak pass defense but strong run D.....but it was the run:pass ratio that many on here prefer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com