Photo
- - - - -

Thoughts on Jonathan Cooper as a O-line draftee?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Regardless of how you feel about UNC their O-line play has been good and we definitely need depth there. I wouldn't take him in the first and I'd be hesitant to take him early in the second but if we got a mid to late second round pick and he was available I wouldn't be opposed to it.

LOL. Cooper is not going to be around in the "late second"

There is a strong possibility he is taken in the first 15 picks.

#32 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Coop is going in the first round and there is a high probability Hurst will be a first rounder as well.

Panthers prob gonna have a top 3 pick but I'd go OT over OG with a premium selection like that

Hurst has already stated he is coming back for his senior season. Just FYI.

#33 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hurst has already stated he is coming back for his senior season. Just FYI.

Yeah I misspoke, was thinking about the other incredible OT Brennan Williams.

#34 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

LOL. Cooper is not going to be around in the "late second"

There is a strong possibility he is taken in the first 15 picks.

Every every draft I've seen has him going late first-mid second. That means he could be gone earlier or the strong possibility that he would hang around to the end of the second.

#35 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yeah I misspoke, was thinking about the other incredible OT Brennan Williams.

Brennan Williams is good as well. So is Travis Bond. He's a BIG body guard.

#36 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Every every draft I've seen has him going late first-mid second. That means he could be gone earlier or the strong possibility that he would hang around to the end of the second.

To be fair, he could have a poor workout at the combine and that could affect his draft stock.

Not splitting hairs here but I've watched every UNC game this year except Saturdays and the guy is an absolute beast. The entire Carolina offensive line is top notch and one of the best in the entire country. Cooper and Brennan Williams could both be first rounders and you've got another guy in James Hurst who could be a first rounder next year.

Like I said earlier, Gio Bernard just had one of the best seasons ever by a Carolina RB and may be ACC POY. A lot of this has to do with him being a legitimate NFL prospect but great running games/offense and great OL play go hand in hand.

#37 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

To be fair, he could have a poor workout at the combine and that could affect his draft stock.

Not splitting hairs here but I've watched every UNC game this year except Saturdays and the guy is an absolute beast. The entire Carolina offensive line is top notch and one of the best in the entire country. Cooper and Brennan Williams could both be first rounders and you've got another guy in James Hurst who could be a first rounder next year.

Like I said earlier, Gio Bernard just had one of the best seasons ever by a Carolina RB and may be ACC POY. A lot of this has to do with him being a legitimate NFL prospect but great running games/offense and great OL play go hand in hand.

I'm not saying he's not a good player. I've seen him in person and on tape and I like him but I just wouldn't want the Panthers to take him early on.

#38 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

lmao at the op

defensive line?

wonder what his next screen name will be?

#39 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,839 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

I assume you mean o-line- he is an OG, he is good

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

you know if huney was still the GM, cooper being drafted to play DT wouldn't be such a far off idea. in fact i'd kind of be expecting it.

#41 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

he's definitely worth a 2nd rounder, depending if we do anything at T or G in FA or what we use our first pick on can all dictate what we decide to do.

#42 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Guard play is going to be even more important now since the chop block might become illegal. We could use someone to open up pass/run lanes for Cam so he can either step up to avoid the outside rush and throw it or to take off running. I haven't seen too many times where he could scramble straight north out of the backfield. He's had to spin out of trouble and out on the edges of the defense where speed is king. It almost is starting to seem like guard is more important going forward atm; at least for as a position of need.

#43 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Honestly, I'd rather bring in a decent veteran OG. We already have a raw developmental guy at LG. If an OG is the BPA when we're on the clock in the 2cd, we'd definitely have to give him a long look, but we're definitely going to be drafting way too high in the 1st to consider an OG, IMO. I don't want an OG in the top 10. I'd be looking at OT, DT, DB, and WR in the 1st.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com