Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Will Steve Smith Get Old?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

i know he is very polarizing on the message board but it is worth saying that he is getting long in the tooth, yet, he still draws double teams and still is one of the most energetic players on the offense. IDiscuss if you like.

Posted

I think most posters who carefully watch the games can see he has finally lost a step.

1 person likes this

Posted

He's ageless.

1 person likes this

Posted

Steve isn't the top end threat he was anymore, but he'll age into a very good possession receiver.

I mean poo defensive coordinators still constantly double team him. That's gotta mean something.

2 people like this

Posted

Smitty isnt what he was even last year

Posted

whenever the hell he wants to get old.

Posted

never. we must cryopreserve him every offseason, from here on out

Posted

In Russia Steve Smith does not get old

old gets steve smith

Posted

I think most posters who carefully watch the games can see he has finally lost a step.

Smitty isnt what he was even last year

Can't argue he's lost a step, but it doesn't matter. He's still far and away the best player on offense (Cam will get there) and the biggest reason our other guys get the catches they do. One of the announcers talked about it tonight, Smitty drawing double teams led to a few big plays by other receivers. Not to mention his tenacious blocking in the run game and for other receivers.

Posted

you'll know............... when they stop dbl. teaming and rolling coverages toward him.

the DC's will tell us when he's old.

Posted

Steve Smith is the only man to defeat Chuck Norris...he stiff armed the beard and sucked out Chuck's soul....and spun it on the ground like a football....

89 for Life

2 people like this

Posted

i know he is very polarizing on the message board but it is worth saying that he is getting long in the tooth, yet, he still draws double teams and still is one of the most energetic players on the offense. IDiscuss if you like.

That's because every team realizes that he's still the best receiver this team has. Everyone else is still quite green around the gills. Go back and watch the video and you'll see what I mean.

My problem with Smitty is that he has no self-control which is not good because he is the real leader of this team, despite what you folks want to say.